• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Soldato
OP
"worked" is a strong word to use when using it on PCI-E 3.0..:p

Does RTX 3050 actually do anything at all on the above systems? No? Then a 6500XT will boot and give GTX 970 performance. Ergo, it is a far far cheaper option than spending £300 to find another £300 is needed for your `budget` purchase to actually be useable.

Therefore, yes a 6500XT would have been a far far better `working` option.

Caporegime
Does RTX 3050 actually do anything at all on the above systems? No? Then a 6500XT will boot and give GTX 970 performance. Ergo, it is a far far cheaper option than spending £300 to find another £300 is needed for your `budget` purchase to actually be useable.

Touched a nerve here i think! I was only having a laugh.

Soldato
Could be that the cards are DOA or there is a setting that needs altering but I'm sure if the 3050 just wasn't supported on older systems then there would be a bit of noise on the internet about it.

Transmission breaker
Don
Could be that the cards are DOA or there is a setting that needs altering but I'm sure if the 3050 just wasn't supported on older systems then there would be a bit of noise on the internet about it.

Well, I will know better on Weds when all the kit arrives :) Unwilling to unseat the 6700xt from my rig to test it for the moment :D

Soldato

Nah, the card itself is fine, it works perfectly in my B550 motherboard (and my 6800 works fine in his).

An even better option would have been "leave it as it is" since a 6500xt would have barely been an upgrade over his 1650s on PCIE 4.0, never mind on a PCIE 2.0 system!

Associate
An even better option would have been "leave it as it is" since a 6500xt would have barely been an upgrade over his 1650s on PCIE 4.0, never mind on a PCIE 2.0 system!
Agree entirely.
The angle of "a badly performing & working product is a better purchase than an unexpectedly incompatible good product" may well be true but isn't exactly sage advice, and repeating it several times adds nothing to further the argument.

Last edited:
Soldato
For those that had issues, I wi be curious to know if you are able to get it working.

I’ve an old gigabyte G77-d3h motherboard. It sounds like it might not work. It would be a shame. It would make it easier to piecemeal upgrade

Can confirm that this is now working in a B450 board with a Ryzen 2700 :)

Sadly, I wouldn't risk it with a board that old unless you were willing to take the chance of having to upgrade it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom