• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Soldato
I'm not seeing what you're trying to achieve. They can't replace it with something they don't have stock of, and aren't expecting to ever get any more stock of.

Take the refund.

Associate
What? That sounds ridiculous. OCUK or Palit should be replacing it with the nearest equivalent model they have. Not giving partial refunds!

It looks like mine might be going back to due to the freezing at idle issue. I won't be accepting anything but a like for like/equivalent replacement.
Exactly, what is the point of a warranty otherwsie.

My old card is gone so if I get a refund I'm stuck without a card unable to pay the inflated prices. Just feels like I'm getting screwed... might as well of sold it straight on for a proffit and got a faster card.

Caporegime
I think what rubs me up the wrong way in OCUK's reaction to this guym, is the threat of not giving a full refund. The card is barely a month old since release.

If they cant replace a card for a similar model, it should be a full refund within at least a year from purchase.

Cant think of an adequate excuse as to why they would want to deduct an amount. What for?

I could understand if you've had a card for years and you get a refund back, equal to get something of similar performance at the time if a repair or refund cannot be offered. But a month or two? Awful.

Soldato
I'd be tempted to open it up and check the fan part number to see if replacements are available from China and repair it myself rather than taking a refund, you could always deshroud and strap a case fan to it in the mean time while awaiting replacement parts to arrive.

Associate
I think what rubs me up the wrong way in OCUK's reaction to this guym, is the threat of not giving a full refund. The card is barely a month old since release.

If they cant replace a card for a similar model, it should be a full refund within at least a year from purchase.

Cant think of an adequate excuse as to why they would want to deduct an amount. What for?

I could understand if you've had a card for years and you get a refund back, equal to get something of similar performance at the time if a repair or refund cannot be offered. But a month or two? Awful.

I agree, it doesn't read right and I remember somebody else posting here with a similar concern about that statement in the email. But I think it is a mis-guided use of standard email text - after 6 months they are legally allowed to deduct something from the refund for use you have had of the product (how much exactly is open to interpretation of how long you should expect the product to last normally). So they are probably covering themselves for that eventuality.

Ideally they would have one standard text for returns before 6 months and one for after.

OcUK Staff
Hi all,

Just to add some context here without going diving too much into this customers support ticket.

We have offered a full refund due to the graphics card no longer being in stock and I don't have an ETA of if or when we will be getting any more Palit 3050 StormX cards in. The customer wanted to keep the GPU with the faulty fan until it completely died, now if that is 12-18 months from now then in line with our returns policy a full refund would not be offered.

We work with all customers where we can to offer a swift resolution on any return. I hope this clears things up.

Associate
I'd be tempted to open it up and check the fan part number to see if replacements are available from China and repair it myself rather than taking a refund, you could always deshroud and strap a case fan to it in the mean time while awaiting replacement parts to arrive.

So it's only the fan that's faulty then on the Palit 3050 nothing else, but if you repaired the fan yourself you lose the warranty and no refund if you mess it up somehow, would take the refund myself.

All the brands 3050's seem to be messed up freezing, crashing not just Palit it's a useless well overpriced card.

Last edited:
Associate
No I didn't want to, said is seemed like my only option to avoid being without a card given it wasn't possible to repair/replace it. For full context here is a screen shot of the whole thread, the one refered to above is post #11. https://images2.imgbox.com/38/9e/JenqTq9j_o.jpg I see there are a few new replies I will now read and respond to.

The long and short of it is Palit instantly EOLed a newly released card and won't repair/replace them. A full refund is only possible for an undisclosed amount of time. Repairing the fan myself will void the warranty as there is a warranty sticker over one of the screws (I did offer).

Anyone who got that card, I think gibbo said he had a bout 100 of that model, effectively doesn't have a full warranty unless it dies quickly then only a full refund is possible. If you don't have your old card to fall back on (mine is gone it was faulty) then your stuck between a rock and a hard place. Return it straight away for a full refund and be without a card for potentially a long time or keep the faulty card and hope it doesn't die otherwise it's a partial refund.

Soldato
Might be worth checking but sometimes it's possible to remove the fan shroud without touching the 4 retention screws on the rear.

Associate
Might be worth checking but sometimes it's possible to remove the fan shroud without touching the 4 retention screws on the rear.
I did already check, you can see in the conversation with support. It's not possible on this card, one of the screws is obscured by the PCB. It's about time these warranty stickers were banned like they are in the US. Making you void the warranty to replace the one part which is most likely to fail is just built in obsolescence.

Soldato
I did already check, you can see in the conversation with support. It's not possible on this card, one of the screws is obscured by the PCB. It's about time these warranty stickers were banned like they are in the US. Making you void the warranty to replace the one part which is most likely to fail is just built in obsolescence.
Yeah those stickers are anti consumer and should be made illegal.

You could always use the card for 5 months then return for a refund by which time prices should have dropped further.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Given the legal minimum warranty in the UK is 1 year, in the first 6 months the onus is on the card seller to prove the card wasnt faulty when manufactured. After the first 6 months it is then the buyer who has to prove it. After 6 months (from the link previously), a far use for wear and tear reduction in refund is applied. Thats from the Consumer Relations Act.

Soldato
Palit should just replace the card with another 3050 model if they have discontinued the storm and you can bet this is what they would do if you paid higher scalp prices rather than refund.

OcUK Staff
Hearing resupply is a big problem and this could have actually been a paper launch?

It is just AIB's playing their usual games are only focusing on the OC models because they make more margin on those. I've applied huge pressure for more none OC stock, even stating I am happy to pay more, still hardly nothing yet, but plenty of OC models should I want them.

Will keep pushing but it is starting to get frustrating.

Caporegime
Well, my RTX 3050 keeps crashing under low load/idle conditions.

I have contacted customer services and i'm shocked at OCUK's stance on this.

They have replacements in stock right now, but will not reserve one to replace my card and can't garauntee they will have any by the time they have received/processed my return. If that is the situation they will only offer a refund.

They have said there is no way to reserve stock when what they actually mean is "we don't want to reserve stock as we would prefer to sell the ones we have at the higher prices rather than fulfill our RMA/replacement obligations"

Now a refund would not put me in the same position as i was in before the sale as i sold my previous card due to there being no apprant issues initially with the card in the first week or so, and there is no telling when i will be able to obtain an RRP replacement.

Massively poor show OCUK. Horrible.

A good company would have a DPD swap it service set up and have the new one delivered and the old one taken away if they "can't" reserve stock.

Exactly, what is the point of a warranty otherwsie.

My old card is gone so if I get a refund I'm stuck without a card unable to pay the inflated prices. Just feels like I'm getting screwed... might as well of sold it straight on for a proffit and got a faster card.

Did you get this sorted at all? I am getting hit with the same nonsense from OCUK, even though they have them in stock again!

It's pretty obvious to me that they would simply rather sell them for an inflated price than actually honour their rma/replacement obligations.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Well, my RTX 3050 keeps crashing under low load/idle conditions.

I have contacted customer services and i'm shocked at OCUK's stance on this.

They have replacements in stock right now, but will not reserve one to replace my card and can't garauntee they will have any by the time they have received/processed my return. If that is the situation they will only offer a refund.

They have said there is no way to reserve stock when what they actually mean is "we don't want to reserve stock as we would prefer to sell the ones we have at the higher prices rather than fulfill our RMA/replacement obligations"

Now a refund would not put me in the same position as i was in before the sale as i sold my previous card due to there being no apprant issues initially with the card in the first week or so, and there is no telling when i will be able to obtain an RRP replacement.

Massively poor show OCUK. Horrible.

A good company would have a DPD swap it service set up and have the new one delivered and the old one taken away if they "can't" reserve stock.

Did you get this sorted at all? I am getting hit with the same nonsense from OCUK, even though they have them in stock again!

It's pretty obvious to me that they would simply rather sell them for an inflated price than actually honour their rma/replacement obligations.

Which card did you order please, if you can give me the stock code? RMA has no ability to reserve stock by the way so they are not been difficult it is just beyond their power.
However I do have power and if need be I can just pull all the stock from sale, that way it ensures one is left for you come replacement time.
Let me know the stock code and if they are in stock and on sale I shall remove the ability for customers to buy them until yours is replaced. :)

Back
Top Bottom