• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3070 slowdown issue with Ryzen 5600x and MSI Tomahawk (solution)

Associate
Hi All,
Just thought i'd share my experience with my new RTX 3070 MSI ventus 3070 3x graphics card i just purchased (yes it was a chase to get it :). My main system components were this, Ryzen 5600x and a MSI X570 Tomahawk board.

After installation i immeditaely noticed BIOS posted extremely slowly, my monitor came on very slow and eventually when it got into windows, everything seemed slow... Drivers i thought. I uninstalled previous drivers with DDU (uninstaller) which had sorted a previous issue i had with a GTX 1080ti. Great, new drivers installed, rebooted... still slow (grrrr)

Ok, might be the AMD chipset drivers need updating for the motherboard, updated to latest..still slow... Great, must be BIOS, updated BIOS .. still slow. Basically when you move the mouse everything was exceptionally slow, almost running like 5ps on screen. Cyberpunk booted up but was turning like the Titantic when moving the controller..

Solution Check: Tried the other slower PCI slot... hmm worked , Cyberpunk was running around 55 fps at 1440p. Ok, Swapped back to x16 slot, went back into BIOS and changed the default auto setting on PCI GEN AUTO to manually PCI Gen 4.0, also changed the PCI Slot lanes to x8 x8.

Rebooted, everything was fine and cyberpunk was running at 87 fps at 1440p, or 35 -40 with full RTS effects.

Hope this helps if you have this issue (it was a B**** to sort and many people will think either their motherboard is faulty or the GPU has an issue.)

Dritzz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom