1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

RTX 3090 temperature concerns

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by newbieclocker, 6 Aug 2021.

1. Jon Leech

Associate

Pretty sure that most regulated exchange's books are either already open to HMRC, or HMRC are in the process of requesting (demanding) that their records are a available for inspection... personally I don't fancy a backdated plus interest tax bill 10 years down the line...

2. Jon Leech

Associate

Quite an investment for cooler blocks for a 3090 FE though....

3. Grim5

Sgarrista

ah then it's time to get out. The whole point of crypto was to get away from the banks and away from governments

4. Alt0153

Associate

yeah to pay for things not to become a bitcoin millionaire tax free in your bedroom

5. Dave2150

Sgarrista

You didn't apply the thermal pads properly, or used the wrong ones, if your still reaching 102DC on the VRAM.

Out of the box, my 3090FE reached 110DC in games at 4k, after long enough. After replacing thermal pads (1.5mm Gelid Extreme on front GPU side, 1.5mm Thermalright Odyssey Extreme on backplate side) my temps reach a maximum of 96DC at 4k full load workloads.

6. denigor777

Gangster

I think they say that you cannot offset those costs.

Anyway, I suggest that it's my son who is mining. And he can make about 12K before he's income taxed. ;)

7. denigor777

Gangster

Agree on this. And miners can still be anonymous today. Of course, if miners choose to convert tokens back into a standard currency, then they are subject to standard currency rules and taxation. But the Hodlers are not worried about this. They hold until the day everyone buys and sells in crypto.

8. newbieclocker

Hitman

But the idle temperature is better, close to room temp so I feel it's moving the heat good enough.

9. newbieclocker

Hitman

I took it apart again to take photos of the thermal pads, I can’t see that I’m missing anything. I used 1.5mm thermalright odyssey thermal pads for the front and back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. D1craig

Wise Guy

its not like power plants are running overtime to keep up with the mining craze... that CO2 would be created regardless.

11. newbieclocker

Hitman

Does anyone see any problems with my pad placement?

12. cadmunkey

Wise Guy

Seems okay to me, took a bit of working out as some were stuck on the backplate.

13. mushta

Associate

Try applying some pressure underneath the card. The following props dropped my mining temps by nearly 20c, stock pads.

You can test what results you’d get just by pressing with your finger.

[​IMG]

14. mushta

Associate

Ermm I’m just trying to help people out.. That part of the card doesn’t get very hot at all. I can show you video evidence of it dropping the temps. Also see this thread..
    https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/3090-fe-rma-opinion.18935934/

If you don’t want to touch it then just try pushing it slightly with an safe object I guess.

Are these forums usually this hostile?

15. FlyingFish

Wise Guy

Don't stress about it.
    If you search through some of Sarge's posts, you'll learn to ignore him.

16. mushta

Associate

Ah I see!
    If he actually has a 3090 FE and doing that has actually raised his VRAM temps by 10c then I’d really like to know. It could indicate a big disparity between the cards in regards to the contact the VRAM has against their pads.

17. FlyingFish

Wise Guy

I still wouldn't believe him, personally. But that's up to you, and each individual. We're all entitled to our own opinions.;)

18. mushta

Associate

I’ve uploaded a video demonstration if anyone is curious

Last edited: 6 Sep 2021
  19. mushta

Associate

cant make sense of you

Also if you had actually tried it you would of realised it wasn’t actually hot at all.

Do you want OP banned as well? They’ve essentially suggested the same thing.

Honestly, I think you’re being dishonest.

Last edited: 6 Sep 2021
  20. Purgatory

Soldato

Can you show the cards you actually have, not once you have proved any card you own and just make up random facts.

Can we have a picture with your name next to the cards. So far we don't believe you own anything and just trolling on these forums since day one.

Prove it or keep quiet.