Rumour Mill : Kim Jong Un could be dead.

Associate
If you want a conspiracy theory, read about where is the Chairman to Samsung Lee Kun Hee. He hasn't been seen since 2014 when he had a heart attack, went into a Samsung Medical Centre but has been off the grid since.

There are reasons to suggest that due to the nature of the structure of Korean companies, if he is declared dead, his shares to the company would go into Probate and could cause havoc to the company and the people running things don't want to disturb how well things are going right now....so no one is saying anything!

Reminds me of all the crazy stuff with Olympus a few years ago. Bit boozy atm so cant remember exactly but something to do with the massive misreporting of their profits or something which in itself is quite boring but was the lenghts they went to to cover it all up purely because of how Japanese culture dictated you simply cannot admit defeat, or something crazy like that. Nuts.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
The picture is definitely confirmed as a fake and has been shown before.
However the rumours have picked up in the last 24 hours, along with reports of Chinese medical teams being flown over.
If he is dead though, this could be very bad for the region or wider world.

Caporegime
The picture is definitely confirmed as a fake and has been shown before.
However the rumours have picked up in the last 24 hours, along with reports of Chinese medical teams being flown over.
If he is dead though, this could be very bad for the region or wider world.

It might become an unofficial province of China in the long term.

Soldato
If ever there was a plan to assassinate him, or anyone else in power who foreign governments want rid of, this covid19 outbreak will provide the perfect opportunity and cover-up story!

Just saying.....

Caporegime
That is a possibility.
This is a good article of the potential concerns and outcomes, and does mention this possibility.
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...e-of-kim-jong-un-be-careful-what-you-wish-for

I haven't read it but with all the sanctions placed on N. Korea, China is pretty much the only country that is propping it up (unofficially). They will use their influence to get their hands tighter on N. Korea.

The possibility of a United Korea is not going to happen, if anything, China wants that buffer between them and S. Korea. They don't want American Soldiers on their borders.

Associate
I haven't read it but with all the sanctions placed on N. Korea, China is pretty much the only country that is propping it up (unofficially). They will use their influence to get their hands tighter on N. Korea.

The possibility of a United Korea is not going to happen, if anything, China wants that buffer between them and S. Korea. They don't want American Soldiers on their borders.

I have quite limited knowledge on the NK/SK/China/USA intricacies but is there a possibility that pending a civil war that (assuming KJU's death and a lack of direct successor), to protect S.Korea and more importantly to distract from Trump's terrible current image and as a push for re-election could the USA attempt to invade NK under the guise of peacekeeping. Conflicting this with the idea that China requires a buffer zone between the US/S.Korea (is this what happened during the Korean war in the 50s?) Could North Korea become another proxy war between America and China through the guise of NK/SK?

edit: Aren't they still technically still at war over this exact issue today?

Transmission breaker
Don
It's ramping up in the news now.
I believe if he was fine, it would have been quashed now.
He is either very ill, or gone. I just can't see why they would not have posted something up that was viable proof he is still alive and kicking..

Soldato
It's ramping up in the news now.
I believe if he was fine, it would have been quashed now.
He is either very ill, or gone. I just can't see why they would not have posted something up that was viable proof he is still alive and kicking..

They will probably just repeat that clip of him landing on the sun.

Associate
I'd imagine he's going to be coming out of his bolt-hole in the next day or two personally. He's done a dissapearing act before turning up fine later on.

With regards to the North Korean people there gaining "Freedom" from his death; That's an ideological fools dream. It'll never happen so long as there's enough of a grip by those with military power who want things to remain as they are; whether they were conditioned to think like that or truly believe it's them vs the world, etc. So this will never happen, not without an actual Leader of North Korea slowly guiding it towards a different path. Otherwise, there'll just be a power struggle.

But that's not the worst of it; all it'll take is one power mad, power grabbing wannabe to possibly ignite their still growing nuclear arsena on the (local?) world stage. It's never more apparent that having the Devil You Know here (Kim Jong Un) a gluttonous, self absorbed, celebrity fame hungry North Korea Leader like Kim Jong Un is better than a new one wanting to "prove their worth/mantle", and bring glory to their name and place in history, and end up being far worse than Kim Jong Un.

We've seen stuff like this before in Iraq with Saddam Hussein; his removal lead to destabilisation in the region, and if they had nukes, those may have been deployed or taken by others. And that is not a good position to be in.

Back
Top Bottom