1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Russia election: Vladimir Putin wins by big margin

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Sankari, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

Artificial enemies? This is a country that attacked our elections around Brexit. A country that used banned nerve agents on our soil that caused the death of a citizen and risked the lives of countless others. A country that continues to attack the elections of our European allies. Countries in the Baltic have to run counter fake news services to counter the constant Russian disinformation that their citizens are being bombarded with. Putin has made no secret that he feels counties that won there independence with the collapse of the Soviet Union shouldn’t ever have been allowed to leave and should be bought back into the Russian Federation. He’s rewriting history to suit his propaganda.

Germany on the other hand is doing what? Is it interfering in elections? Poisoning people with nerve or radioactive isotopes? Killing and imprsioning journalists? Killing and imprisoning political opponents. Running it’s economy like a criminal organisation where you can break the law, rob from the State as long as Putin gets his cut.

This is Liberalism listed in Wiki. Putin is against everything in that list yet those are what our societies rely on to function fairly. As does Germany.

Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed, and equality before the law. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support limited government, individual rights (including civil rightsand human rights), capitalism (free markets), democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion.

2. jsmoke

Sgarrista

I'm in total shock he won. I mean with all the tough competition he must have been up against.

3. 4K8KW10

Soldato

The Germans are quite rude.
    Just read a news article how women were expelled from a beach/river bank because they removed their tops because of the heat. The security men were very rude, and the other women on the same beach when saw this, they also removed their tops.

When you enter a store, be it Rewe or Aldi, you will see unhappy and rude personnel. People on the streets never smile.
    People in the institutions don't help.
    In a bank, you can not speak English. When you ask them if they speak English, they look at you as if you are criminal and in the rudest way say no.

4. Freakbro

Capodecina

Oh well, when you put it like that, yes I can see why you fear the Germans more than the Russians.

I mean on one hand you have a country that engages in political assassinations, the crackdown on a free press, the use of nerve agents and radioactive isotopes in foreign countries and has a corrupt oligarch running an economically corrupt state and on the other hand you have a country that is "rude"

:D

5. Mr Badger

Soldato

In my experience it's not so much that Germans are rude, more that they expect people to stick to the rules and will speak out if you do not. So if (for example) you take your clothes off in a place where you are not supposed to they are more likely to intervene than just tut and then post on the Internet about it.

6. Minstadave

Caporegime

Nuke them now! Rudeness can not be tolerated.

We need an Aldi boycott!

7. StriderX

Capodecina

So they're British then?

8. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

Ahhh a troll. Damn should have caught on earlier. ;)

9. redeye

Gangster

Germans do love rules, and will without hesitation tell you if you break one whether legal or implied. Not knowing the rules existed is no excuse to some. They also love to moan. But hey, every country has it's eccentricities. Younger Germans are not as bad and hate the bureaucracy that comes with rules. It's never personal, they aren't picking on you in particular. It some situations it's really nice people actually don't accept people breaking rules. People here are generally much more disiplined. Kids behave, it's illegal to be out under 18 at a certain time of night, Sunday's you can't make noise etc etc.

They do have a sense of humour though by the way, they love British humour and people are perfectly friendly and polite. Just direct.

Also everything has to be done on paper. If you apply for Insurance or a Credit Card online, and get approved expect to have to sign online but then also you'll get sent a ton of paperwork to sign and send back as well. Everything is duplicated. Go to a town hall, or vehicle licensing office and the number of people working there and paperwork is hilarious.

I've been into plenty of banks here, the receptionists sometimes don't speak English. But they do expect you to try, and will appreciate if you try and speak German - they are perfectly friendly and helpful. Your account manager will almost certainly speak English. Mine is 23, studied in the US for 4 years and almost speaks better English than me. My Doctor lived in Australia for 20 years. Everyone under 30 speaks English, most word perfect. 30's - 40's most speak reasonable if not good English. Over 50, very few do.

It's true about Supermarkets, but then Germans are still learning what customer service actually is. They literally throw items through the barcode scanner, and won't stop until they've finished all your goods, even if it's clear you are struggling to pack them. On the other hand, I find a lot of restuarants now have excellent service. Attentive, friendly. Food variety and quality is not as good as the UK though. Just as expensive. You will also find it perfectly normal to end up having a conversation with people sitting around you. It's much more friendly.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  10. wesimmo

Mobster

Nope, check his post history, just mad.

11. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

Ok gotcha. That also makes sense.

12. 4K8KW10

Soldato

I know all these things. The thing is that rules limit your freedom and in some instances your human rights. As with the women in the heat. I guess the German security guys would prefer the women dead because of heat fatigue than to look at their naked breasts...
    I know how tiring it is to live in Germany.

Also, this negativism that currently accumulates in the society is very toxic and may lead to next election surprising results.

13. RDM

Capodecina

Are those the two actual choices? Dead women or naked breasts? Are you sure?

14. Mr Badger

Soldato

And we are over the shark...

15. wesimmo

Mobster

The post following yours confirms my hypothesis!

16. Mr Badger

Soldato

BREASTS OR DEATH. THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND ON THIS.

17. Nasher

Capodecina

Where as for Brits the rules are a little more flexible and mainly only apply when there is someone around to enforce them :D

18. VincentHanna

Capodecina

19. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

20. Sankari

Capodecina

Yep, the fascist paradise of right wing poster boy Vladimir Putin is full of lively shenanigans this week, as he employs the usual tactics to ensure that his people are literally beaten into submission:

(Source).

It's always easier to get the result when you make opposition illegal: