1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Russia election: Vladimir Putin wins by big margin

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Evangelion, Mar 19, 2018.

1. efish

Wise Guy

Yes and on to the moped

Link also deals with the 'Women In Heat' story. It has a happy ending so we can put the invasion plans on hold.

2. Nasher

Capodecina

Yea all the viable opposition seem to get arrested on some spurious charges, poisoned or shot. The latest poisoning incident isn't even mentioned on RT so I'm guessing a lot of Russian's don't even know about it.

3. RedvGreen

Mobster

What will happen when Putin gets unwell or passes away? How can they possibly find another person so corrupt, calculating and evil to take the reins?

4. Nasher

Capodecina

He will just stay in until he dies now I bet.

I think he is scared of stepping down because if someone who doesn't like him takes over, they might drag him in to court for all the crap he's done. Or someone will bump him off, like happens to most dictators when they are toppled. He isn't as popular as he likes to tell everyone.

5. RedvGreen

Mobster

Sounds reminiscent of Trump and Johnson.

6. Nasher

Capodecina

Big difference is Trump and Boris aren't KILLING their opponents or having them thrown in a gulag.

Trump can do a max of 8 years in office and then he is gone for good. Boris might get 4 years if he is lucky. They can't cling on to power doing whatever they like. The US and UK are a democracy, Russia is a fake democracy.