Russians on the rise?

Caporegime
Maybe it's just me...but I am seeing more Russians than a few years ago, the stereotype is of course that at least 101% of them hack whatever game they are in.

With that being a slight joke, there is some measure of truth, perhaps its just the competitive scene that is on the rise in the eastern bloc/Russia, which sucks because they are as good at FPS games as Asians are at Action RTS games.

:(

Soldato
I get atleast 4 russians in every game of dota I play. Every single one. Its getting kinda annoying now because I've never met a decent russian, they are all really bad mannered and just massive *****.

Associate
Any game that is free or very cheap and doesn't need the latest hardware to run attracts lots of Russians. I've noticed Spanish players on the rise also though only in one particular game.

Soldato
Maybe regional pricing is working after they were shut out for so long by the games industry leading to a huge rise in piracy.

When you look at its size, it makes sense there should be more Russian players in our gaming community.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the most recent game I've played that russians ruin was DOTA2 until they decided to make a russian region :)

Seem to be loads on F2P games

Associate
Used to be in clan with a few Russians. They were actually a great laugh and really good lads. Shame they also used to hack cash on the game lol.

Ever since then pretty much all I have come across hack.

Back
Top Bottom