Ryzen 1700x & Asus X370-F Problem

Associate
Good Morning All,

I was wondering if anybody could help with a couple of problems (they may be linked, they may not be) im having with my machine.

Problem 1:
Random shutting off of all fans on my computer - All the case / radiator fans on my computer will stop working. I am using three headers (Voltage fans not PWM) - With Asus AI Suite controlling using the 'Standard' fan profile. This has happened once with Problem 2, one without Problem 2.

Problem 2:
(Was encountered when looking into what was wrong) - The processor temperature will intermittently read '-60°C' ... while my water cooling is good its nowhere near that good! ... this temperature was reflected in AIDA 64 & Asus AI Suite.

The fans turning off I would say is linked with the temperature drop however it has happened once with & once without, and with voltage control the fans shouldn't switch off (I haven't turned the 'switch fans off' function).

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Associate
You can spin down 3 pin fans by decreasing the voltage - if the computer is (incorrectly) reading -60 and then slowing down the fans, it may be to below their stall point.

Check bios update for motherboard - My AM3+ also reports incorrect CPU temp, that's been a problem with AMD boards for a while.

Check for a Asus AI update as well - and set the fans to a preset profile of at least 40% (stalling usually happens between 20-25%)

Back
Top Bottom