Ryzen 2700x bundle questions

Associate
I am looking to buy a Ryzen 2700x, motherboard and ram bundle this weekend. I have been looking at numerous threads etc. and was considering getting a top end 470 board to go with it and 8pack ram.

Then I looked at the overclockers bundle with the Gigabyte 370 board and ram and tempted to get this due to a good price and people saying it's still a good board. I don't intend to overclock.

Will I get good ram speeds using the 8pack ram without any messing about with this bundled 370 board?

If I do not intend to overclock, will this bundle be okay instead of spending more money on a more expensive top end 470 board?

Everywhere I read I see people saying good and bad about all makes of boards, so it's making me doubt everything I consider buying :)

If anyone thinks I would be better creating another bundle then please say so. I game at 1440p and have a 1070 card. I will use a few SSD's so do not think I would benefit from storeMI either.

Cheers

Soldato
Board with that ram should be a good combo.
8 Pack ram being Samsung B-Die should offer least ram issues etc .
At higher then 1080p , intel starts to lose its advantage so makes ryzen and its pricing very attractive along with a free SSD .
X chipsets allow more data devices as well if that helps over B chipsets

Soldato
You'll be fine without overclocking, whole point of the 2700x is you leave to it's own devices and it'll clock up when needed. You'll likely be required to set the ram up to run at it's correct speed and away you go.

Associate
You'll be fine without overclocking, whole point of the 2700x is you leave to it's own devices and it'll clock up when needed. You'll likely be required to set the ram up to run at it's correct speed and away you go.

I got ryzen 2700x and an aurus ultra gaming x470 last month, needed to flash the bios and then enable precision boost overdrive to unlock the full potential

Associate
Hey, I got this bundle and built it tonight, I am having issues getting it to post, I just get error code 00 anyone have this issue before? The CPU is housed Ok with the heat firmly in place. Not sure what to do next

Associate
Yeah was the 370 bundle, that’s the thing, in the manual I can’t actually see that code. Everything else but that one it seems, not having too much luck googling either, though still going with that.

Soldato
You'll also on the bottom right hand side I think, fault finding LED, if ones lit, check to see which part it refers to, CPU/ram/GPU/mobo .

Also boot with one stick and try reseating GPU card

Associate
Yeah so the cpu one is lit in orange, nothing else. It did this with one ram in too. Just to check I’m not being dense, the ram slot I used for the single stick was closest to the cpu, is that right? Hard to tell with the manual.

Associate
GPU is in, tried it without too but suspect that’s not much help as the cpu doesn’t have inbuilt graphics. I’m proper confused about the error code doesn’t seem to be anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom