Ryzen 2Upgrade!

Associate
Hi All,

After many years of running my i5-2500k which still runs well! I am looking at moving to Ryzen 2 build.

I have a 1TB Samsung SSD which I will be using and also have the operating system already.

The motherboard I have selected is the;

Asrock x470 Taichi AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard, overclockers don't stock it but the link is here for the spec - https://www.********.co.uk/products/asrock-x470-taichi-amd-am4-x470-atx-motherboard/x470taichi.html

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,209.01 (includes shipping: £14.10)

Just wanted to check will that all go together, and if there is any better options?

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Yup all looks good, little heads up on the memory though, u won't be able to use them at full speed, not yet anyways on ryzen. You will have to enter speed/timmings manually on them as the only xmp profile they have is the 4000mhz speed. That being said many have opted for those sticks as they are a bargin at the moment (if u can class memory prices as being a bargin lol). I myself am doing a similar spec and i chose them myself, as i don't mind tinkering, just wanted to give u a heads up on that front.

In case your not to comfortable tinkering and testing, and just want simple plug in and then turn on xmp/dcop these would be a better choice.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08l-tg.html

Soldato
Would personally get hero/Aorus 7 board but for rest

Case is personal choice but at least you get USB C port in the front , also a lot of fans can be installed at the bottom to supply a GPU a good amount of fresh air !
Gtx 1070ti, save money and overclock with better RMA . If you really want a 1080 the cheapest on here is £450 !
Better PSU unit
Standard 2700 and manually overclock it for 4.2ghz across all cores of let XFR2 2 do it's thing

Total: £1,060.61 (includes shipping: £11.70)

If your happy to spend little extra and drop down to 2600x (if it's just a pure gaming rig shouldn't make to much difference to be honest)

Total: £1,237.21 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

Last edited:
Associate
Total: £1,139.05 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

Overclock 1070ti to reach 1080 performance. Much better PSU with longer warranty too.

Are you picking the R6 as you intend to water cool later, or have loads of HDDs? If not, there are better choices for the money (and for the airflow).

Back
Top Bottom