• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3600 Cinebench Scores

Associate
OP
10 minutes in AIDA nothing special but i don't foresee a problem on a 2 hour run, if it doesn't fail in the first 10 minutes it should be fine, i will do some proper stress testing at some point tho.
Lovely stuff. Does this see an improvement on your cinebench scores?

Associate
I do not agree with Humbug on Ram speed importance in gaming even at 1080p is maybe 5% with bad timings say from 2400Mhz -4000Mhz for 98% of games. Applications only 3% within same range.Higher resolution is even less %.
Anyway off topic for a second just because humbug repeating that memory performance is important in gaming,i have nothing against humbug as I am a AMD fanboy also.
Back on topic 3600X 4350Mhz all core
3600-x-cinbench-png.174820

Caporegime
I do not agree with Humbug on Ram speed importance in gaming even at 1080p is maybe 5% with bad timings say from 2400Mhz -4000Mhz for 98% of games. Applications only 3% within same range.Higher resolution is even less %.
Anyway off topic for a second just because humbug repeating that memory performance is important in gaming,i have nothing against humbug as I am a AMD fanboy also.
Back on topic 3600X 4350Mhz all core
3600-x-cinbench-png.174820

I'm sorry but these days TPU are a bit mediocre when it comes to reviews, they don't really do anything that you or i couldn't do in 10 minutes.

Steve From HUB looked beyond "just setting XMP and be done with it"

It also depends on the game, for example XMP 3000Mhz CL14 (not CL16) to Manual timings 3800Mhz saw gaming gains of 39% Minimums And 21% averages in ASO, huge numbers.

FC:ND 10%
Rainbow Six 5%
WWZ 9%

As you can see ASO is an outlier but where there is one there are more, two of the other 3 still got 10% higher frame rates, i mean in a world where a 3600 is +/- 5% an 8700K that 10% really matters when people say "but the 8700K overclocks" so do these, just in a different way.

R6bKglq.jpg.png

Caporegime
On those test RTX 2080 ,3600X CPU .

1440P Ultra.

The whole point of testing CPU performance in games is that the CPU, not the GPU, is the bottleneck, there are two things in your testing which make the CPU less likely in being the bottleneck, you're testing the games at 1440P (a heavy GPU slanted load) and it's a 2080, not the faster 2080TI, not much you can do about that but to me your graphs look mostly GPU limited, 1080P would be better.

Not a criticism, just an opinion, take it or leave it :)

Associate
My 3600X is at stock, ram is XMP at 3200MHz and I'm getting -

Multicore fluctuates 3600-3715ish no idea why its so up and down maybe background processes/firefox etc are effecting it, my single core last night was 492 I believe, only ran it the once though.

I found even with auto OC/PBO turned on neither setting really makes any real difference in scores, and in gaming there is no difference at all lol. Seems ocing this chip at the moment is a little pointless I get no extra performance out of it really, hopefully once some more BIOS releases come out it will OC a bit better. I'm still running v17 BIOS (most up to date is v19) but it's 100$ stable on my B450 Mortar, after all the booting/posting issues with the MSI BIOS's atm I'm just going to hang on for a few more releases to be sure it's definetly stable before I flash another one.

Back
Top Bottom