Ryzen 3700x + Corsair H100i Platinum = 95’C

Permabanned
I installed the CPU and AIO last night onto an Asrock Taichi x570.

Idle temps were around 40’C.

I then ran a Prime 95 Blended test and within about 20 minutes the temperature hit 95’C.

I’ve removed the AIO block. There appears to be good contact between the CPU and block. There is a nice square of thermal paste on the block and CPU.

Why did I get such crazy temperatures?

Caporegime
I installed the CPU and AIO last night onto an Asrock Taichi x570.

Idle temps were around 40’C.

I then ran a Prime 95 Blended test and within about 20 minutes the temperature hit 95’C.

I’ve removed the AIO block. There appears to be good contact between the CPU and block. There is a nice square of thermal paste on the block and CPU.

Why did I get such crazy temperatures?

Oh dear, was looking at getting one of these for my 3700x rig im gettin, as just been reading about the Kraken x62s not working with the new Ryzens yet (which i was going to get), something to do with the CAM software, so they are getting slaughtered lol.

Permabanned
OP
I’ve just got and and started the PC.

Ryzen Master is showing the vCore at 1.48v hitting 1.5v.

Why is it doing that!!!!

Associate
Currently using the stock cooler with a 3700X and getting the same temps as you as I forgot to check if my H100i had the AM4 mounting kit. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking to just go ahead and get a Noctua DH-15 now though as the noise from the H100i and really bad CUE software have been driving me up the wall for too long.

Why is it doing that!!!!

Still can't work it out myself, I'm hoping it's something that can be resolved with future updates as I'm not comfortable running at around 90c under load

Associate
My idle temps around 40C-60C. On auto settings/volts.
My old sandy i2500k, was idle around 35-45C.
I think the more cores is hotter, so that's ok.

Smaller case and different cooler, from NHD14 Define R4 to Mugen 5 Define C TG.

Soldato

Why is it doing that!!!!

https://old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cjzax5/amd_cant_say_this_publicly_so_i_will_half_of_the/

It's using what it is designed to use and watching monitoring programs is causing the cpu to raise voltages to apply boost because monitoring programs keep poking the cpu for updates which looks like a work request.

Basically it's not like the last cpu that anyone had so 1.5V being wrong is wrong and it's not doing what you think it's doing with the voltage.

If you manually put it on 1.5V that's a different matter because that's extremely crude unlike the cpu automatically flicking voltages up and down by itself.

Soldato
Pump definitely running at 100%?

A 3700X uses less power than a 2700X.

PowerCores.png

Back
Top Bottom