Ryzen 5 1600 Wraith Prism Vs. Aftermarket

Soldato
Morning all

So have decided to build up a Ryzen machine using the 1600 non X CPU

I have used the Prism cooler from a 2700X as cooling initially as got one at a good price and from I can see it seems like a REALLY competent cooler

What I need from the floor if possible is some sense check on what temps I have been seeing and whether they are going to equate to real life as currently I haven't moved over my 980ti and PSU to do some gaming

In Ryzen master I am currently seeing 27-28 degree idle temps and using the pasmark burnin test it's hitting no more than 55-60 degrees on full load on all 6/12 cores on a 100% stress cycle of an hour l. That is with an OC of 3.9 @ 1.35v. big question is how realistic a job is that test doing?

I have a H80i GT sat here I could put in but really don't know how much improvement I am going to see? Plus I have scared myself stupid accidently removing the chip from the slot with the cooler once aleadya and got away with it, but left me rather anxious on trying again lol

Any input / personal experience would be massively appreciated

Cheers

Ben

Soldato
The stock cooler with my 2700x was just fine really. The issue was more noise than cooling ability. If you have no issue with noise, then I'd say just leave it.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the reply :)

Been hammering it with PRIME95 on the highest stress / heat setting and it seems to maintain a heat of 66 degrees.

Have set the CPU fan to go 100% at 60 degrees and its still pretty inaudible and CPU Fan2 (top mounted 120mm) goes to 80% at 60 degrees, seems I have created a pretty fantastic air flow inside the case that keeps everything in check.

I did find my OC was not 100% stable which was part of my investigation anyway with PRIME, upped volts to 1.325 and now 3.8 is stable with above temps. Imagine I am going to need 1.375+ for a stable 3.9, but tbh not sure how much gain I will see from that 100MHz?

Back
Top Bottom