• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
@Gibbo has demand been met? I think if you are transparent with us then you will likely avoid backlash similar to Ampere...
I don't know how he can know that without preorders though. Reading this forum you'd think everyone and their dog will be ordering at least a dozen 5900Xs "just in case", but in reality it's a £500+ cpu, it might be just the small group of people active in this thread actually buying one on launch, especially us folk who(maybe stupidly) have already built the rest of the PC around it and have to have the part to actually have a working PC. It's so hard to guess what the actual demand will be.

Associate
I don't know how he can know that without preorders though. Reading this forum you'd think everyone and their dog will be ordering at least a dozen 5900Xs "just in case", but in reality it's a £500+ cpu, it might be just the small group of people active in this thread actually buying one on launch, especially us folk who(maybe stupidly) have already built the rest of the PC around it and have to have the part to actually have a working PC. It's so hard to guess what the actual demand will be.

Demand being met, from AMD, not orders. Gibbo said earlier in the thread that he'd requested 1,000's of CPUs. The post was about whether or not Gibbo's demand was met by AMD...

Associate

The forum probably only constitutes a small percentage of the overall market and then you also have the problem of each person sitting on multiple sites because systems aren't built to handle volume.

Soldato
If there is a significant shortage this month, all those folk with 90% built systems really would have been better making use of the MSI £45 cashback deal on the 3600. At least then they'd have a decent system, an no rush to get a 5000 series. The cashback would pretty much cover the loss selling the 3600 after a month or two.

Associate
Nice set of components, what cpu are you going for?

Cheers - probably 5900x - maybe a bit overkill for my current use case thread-wise, but for the sake of £100 over the 5800x it might give some more future proofing with games trending towards multithreading, given I tend to keep a main setup for 4 or 5 years.

Associate
If there is a significant shortage this month, all those folk with 90% built systems really would have been better making use of the MSI £45 cashback deal on the 3600. At least then they'd have a decent system, an no rush to get a 5000 series. The cashback would pretty much cover the loss selling the 3600 after a month or two.

Didn't know about it. I guess I was (foolishly) optimistic about stock levels. Not sure why, suppose I was thinking that AMD might do better...

Associate
Didn't know about it. I guess I was (foolishly) optimistic about stock levels. Not sure why, suppose I was thinking that AMD might do better...

I have no idea what the capacity at TSMC is like, but consider that they're doing Apple, PS5 (CPU and GPU), Xbox Series X (CPU and GPU) all of which recently released. Hopefully the yields have been good but I'm not holding my breathe.

Soldato
I looked into that deal, it was actually rubbish and wasnt 'cach' back at all. It was vouchers

Soldato
Websites should do the same as glasto tickets, photo IDfrom passport / drivers license registered to address.

Single item for household shipped to the address registered.

Soldato
I fear while some steps may be taken to prevent it, this is going to turn into another scalpers paradise. Between CPU’s, boards and RAM for these suckers theres plenty of opportunity for people to take the ****.

smr

smr

Soldato
Hi guys, I've just bought my new House so have been busy recently and haven't had a chance to keep up with the new CPUs, I saw the AMD video on them though.

Which CPU are we thinking is best for vfm price - performance.

I'll be buying a new rig for Photography editing, video editing and FS2020.

Associate
I wonder how it relates to what Gibbo said right at the beginning

My assumption has been that's why they're supplying stock well in advance of the release date, so it's just a question of how quickly the retailer can ship to customer rather than more complications with overall supply.

Not long till we find out...

Associate
My assumption has been that's why they're supplying stock well in advance of the release date, so it's just a question of how quickly the retailer can ship to customer rather than more complications with overall supply.

Not long till we find out...
The other question is.....is everyone releasing at 5pm? Or at various random times throughout the day? Only OCuk said the actual time as far as I know.

Associate
Hi guys, i'm waiting too for upgrade for my i7 3770 :D.
My current set up:

Parts waiting for new 5900X:

I got 2TB nvme for OS and everything else. AIO for cooling I was planing to go for custom loop but at them moment I have more pressing expenses. 16GB 3600 Mhz C16 Ram I will upgrade to 32gb when price drops a bit and reviewers will find sweet spot for Zen 3. My pride and joy X570 Master that i got a deal on for £300. Lets hope I can get new cpu as my I7 3770 is holding my 2080 Ti back for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom