• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
After speaking to the competition it looks like the numbers for release day are really really low, so I'm going to assume OCUK are going to be worse if the Ampere launch is to go by. I wouldn't expect to get one on launch day! There is a european retailer that has only 13 5950X which is similar to what I heard from the UK competitor. I'd expect price gouging across the board with these numbers.

Better availability than Ryzen 3000 at launch then... The high end SKUs are no indicator of stock levels of the lower SKUs. 3000 series launched with plenty of 3600, 3600x, 3700x cpus but not many 3800x, 3900x and pretty much no 3950x. Its going to be a click battle for the higher end SKUs, it always was going to be but who knows about the lower end. The fact that there are a ton of 5600x's floating around that have already been sold in retail from various stores makes me think stock of that at least should be ok. If demand is crazy they still wont last long of course, but at just under £300 anyone shopping on the more budget gaming end of the spectrum probably wont be interested, there's that. Aint no £170 Ryzen 3600 this time around.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Hi guys, i'm waiting too for upgrade for my i7 3770 :D.
My current set up:

Parts waiting for new 5900X:

I got 2TB nvme for OS and everything else. AIO for cooling I was planing to go for custom loop but at them moment I have more pressing expenses. 16GB 3600 Mhz C16 Ram I will upgrade to 32gb when price drops a bit and reviewers will find sweet spot for Zen 3. My pride and joy X570 Master that i got a deal on for £300. Lets hope I can get new cpu as my I7 3770 is holding my 2080 Ti back for a while now.

Arctic just announced their Liquid Freezer 2 420 earlier today, got one coming Friday! https://www.techpowerup.com/274136/arctic-announces-the-liquid-freezer-ii-420-aio-liquid-cpu-cooler

Associate
Mother of god that's cheap and it will be the best out there
" the Liquid Freezer II 420 is priced at 120€ (including VAT)." 3x140mm on that thick rad. Nice!

Associate
Better availability than Ryzen 3000 at launch then... The high end SKUs are no indicator of stock levels of the lower SKUs. 3000 series launched with plenty of 3600, 3600x, 3700x cpus but not many 3800x, 3900x and pretty much no 3950x. Its going to be a click battle for the higher end SKUs, it always was going to be but who knows about the lower end. The fact that there are a ton of 5600x's floating around that have already been sold in retail from various stores makes me think stock of that at least should be ok. If demand is crazy they still wont last long of course, but at just under £300 anyone shopping on the more budget gaming end of the spectrum probably wont be interested, there's that. Aint no £170 Ryzen 3600 this time around.

Good to know, though my interests are in the upper end 5950X/5900X depending on review timing and availability.

I have bought both the x570 tomahawk and a backup 3900X (not to be opened unless I miss out on 5000s) in the qualifying period for the MSI offer, so there is the option of using that with a 5950X on back order.

Spec is:
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB
2x16GB CL16 G-Skill Trident-Z Neo
MSI Tomahawk X570
Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
EK AIO 240
Corsair RM850X
3x Cooler Master MF120R

I'm hoping that is enough for MSFS 2020 VR with HP Reverb G2 2k squared per eye...

Soldato
So info on page 1 is incorrect?

“Ryzen 5000 series which was announced yesterday are now online at OcUK.
You shall be able to order these products November 5th at 5PM GMT.

555 !!!“

No, 5pm 5th November was dictated by AMD worldwide. It is when the NDA lifts and when cpu's can go on sale. Ocuk's info on page one is correct.

Soldato
No, 5pm 5th November was dictated by AMD worldwide. It is when the NDA lifts and when cpu's can go on sale. Ocuk's info on page one is correct.

Ok, so that date was dictated by AMD worldwide and cpu's can go on sale.

OcUK though we can also order them on 555 (and there will be thousands available)

Other websites vary and one has had the date and price removed completely now.

I think this will be a bun fight.
Personally i'll have a few websites open on different computers on different internet connections - home Wifi, vpn, work machine, 4G.
I would rather buy from OcUK plus saturday delivery but the OcUK store page and forums were down most of the day on 3080 release. I see Cloudfare anti ddos protection has now been implemented so thats a good start

Is anyone up for anything like ordering from other websites for each other? E.g. I get one from OcUK but also manage to get one from another website which I'll later post on to whoever requires it for the same price, plus postage. Not sure how that'll work but just an idea

Soldato
I know they can't sell them yet but will stores have the cpus now instock ready for the 5th? I have almost all my parts just missing my 5950x and my 6900XT. I hope there is plenty of stock as I've been without a PC for around three months and I'm fizzed off.

Associate
Associate
I know they can't sell them yet but will stores have the cpus now instock ready for the 5th? I have almost all my parts just missing my 5950x and my 6900XT. I hope there is plenty of stock as I've been without a PC for around three months and I'm fizzed off.
Same here, got parts sitting here ready to go, hopefully can get one and there not sold out in 30 seconds

Associate
Hey, been watching the forums from afar since I ordered the 3080 with OC, at first only watching the info thread by Gibbo on the stock situation, o finally decided to join and post :) I'm in the same boat as many of you waiting for the new 5900x, along with the phantom 3080, so was just wondering what time it actually is to order as I thought it was 5pm? And I dont want to be late to the show and end up queuing again, want to five myself the best shot at nabbing one and finally be one step closer to finishing my first build. Thanks

Associate
Hey, been watching the forums from afar since I ordered the 3080 with OC, at first only watching the info thread by Gibbo on the stock situation, o finally decided to join and post :) I'm in the same boat as many of you waiting for the new 5900x, along with the phantom 3080, so was just wondering what time it actually is to order as I thought it was 5pm? And I dont want to be late to the show and end up queuing again, want to five myself the best shot at nabbing one and finally be one step closer to finishing my first build. Thanks
5pm is the only time given.

Associate
I believe it is 5pm unless told otherwise. Depending on when you’ll get your 3080 you may want to consider waiting for the price gouge to drop since CPU supply is typically a lot better. For example if you’re 1000+ in the 3080 queue I’d just wait a month or so.

Man of Honour
I cant wait upgrade my 1700X, I have it all built ready to pop in a 5600X and later a big Navi :)

Yep Zen 1 works with B550

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the 300 series boards end up getting 5000 series cpu support in the end. Nothing like massive compatibility across all gens. :D

Associate
+1 here, exact same situation as you. this RTX 30XX + Ryzen 5000 generation is looking great I hope Nvidia / AMD won't let us down and they solve stock issues before the end of the year, I also have some parts waiting for the new parts, here doing nothing (DD4 / x570) bec my actual rig is a i7 - 4790K + GTX 1070Ti that has serve me well and still running solid but is time for them to find another owner who will love them as I do.

Soldato
Hi guys, I've just bought my new House so have been busy recently and haven't had a chance to keep up with the new CPUs, I saw the AMD video on them though.

Which CPU are we thinking is best for vfm price - performance.

I'll be buying a new rig for Photography editing, video editing and FS2020.
Price per core the 5900X offers the best VFM and should be ideal for you needs.

Associate
I believe it is 5pm unless told otherwise. Depending on when you’ll get your 3080 you may want to consider waiting for the price gouge to drop since CPU supply is typically a lot better. For example if you’re 1000+ in the 3080 queue I’d just wait a month or so.
Thanks for the reply guys, so 5pm, I'll keep checking for any sneaky changes though. And I'm 360 in the que for msi trio 3080, so maybe before xmas? If lucky, if not new years but I started my build in august, decided to wait for next gen in cpu and gpu, now I have a half built expensive pc just starting at me every day, its killing me I want it done haha. I have a 2070 ventus I can drop into it intill the 3080 arrives so, just going I can get in early and get lucky

Back
Top Bottom