• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Ho noes. No stock. Runs around flailing arms.
I do have a feeling that customer service assistants in all these shops have some fun from time to time. "Oh no sir we only got 27 of these", "yes sir you can totally order one in person", "well sir I don't know but I heard from Amy in the warehouse that they have like, 2 boxes max"

Associate
My 5950x order from rainforest cancelled just now so looks like I'm back on the hunt!

Crap. I ordered a 5600x today too. Payment has already been taken out and it says delivery Friday but now that yours is cancelled I'm not feeling good about it.

Back to spamming F5 all day tomorrow :D

Associate
Just got off live chat with the place I was going to buy from (not one of the biggest stores in the UK but probably just squeak into the top 10) and they have had no allocation of 8 core or 16 cores, not even an indication of when any could be due to arrive. 6 and 12 core parts only. Yikes :/
Makes sense given how the yields would work. Those are much easier to make consistently.

Associate
Looking at a 5900x if I can snag one tomorrow. Any good Mobo recommendations around £300 mark? Is it worth paying the extra over Tomahawk?. Coming from a 6700k too so should be good whatever I can get. Thanks.

Associate
Hahahaha did you just see that the price on the 5900X on OCuk went up to £539? Comedy.

Any good Mobo recommendations around £300 mark? Is it worth paying the extra over Tomahawk?. Coming from a 6700k too so should be good whatever I can get. Thanks.

I mean, the tomahawk is at or just under £200, so.....yeah? It consistently reviews at the very top, or if you can splash out then the MSI Unify is a fantastic choice as well - but that's pretty much only if you need 3x PCIe 16x ports and 3x M.2 slots.

Associate
You mean changing the controller to a similar performing one? Inferior internals btw.

I wouldn't buy a Gen4 m2 yet, wait until the new controllers are out before you splash.

What do you mean "controller"? Im gonna wait a month to buy all of this so do you think they will come out by then? Thanks

Associate
Hahahaha did you just see that the price on the 5900X on OCuk went up to £539? Comedy.

I mean, the tomahawk is at or just under £200, so.....yeah? It consistently reviews at the very top, or if you can splash out then the MSI Unify is a fantastic choice as well - but that's pretty much only if you need 3x PCIe 16x ports and 3x M.2 slots.
Cheers. There seems to be quite a few cashback offers on at the moment so I might jump up to the unify. I'm sure the extra slots will come in handy.

Associate
They might have just over sold

Yeah possibly. All random isn't it. I don't think I've ever experienced this much hassle getting PC components before lol

Part of it is just stressful. Small part is a bit exciting scouring the internet for parts. I guess it'll make building a PC more satisfying when I have all the components :D

Back
Top Bottom