• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
@Gibbo whys the 5950X gone up by 50 quid from the price you stated in this thread? Have AMD increased pricing?

Perhaps what they're reading in this thread is having an effect upon their pricing. People, including me, are hungry for these and with worries about stock levels are more likely to pay a bit more if it means securing the goods.

Despite being a loyal OCUK customer/supporter I must admit that the handling of the recent nvidia cards has seriously affected my desire to see here as my first stop. I'm hoping they snap out of the opportunistic pricing and general silence on stock levels although I'm not feeling a change with the sudden increase on these.

Associate
Prices have been increased for a while now
The bump from £529 to £539 on the 5900X literally happened in the last hour though, it's clearly an increase in the last minute. Although I wouldn't be completely surprised if it changed again to £549 at 2pm tomorrow.

I have a feeling if we're here at 5 then there's a very good chance of getting one. I don't think they will just vanish out of site like the 3080s did when they launched.

If you are here at 5 most likely all that happens is you hear crickets chirping. All signs in the sky point to the launch actually being at 2pm. People have allegedly confirmed this over the phone to OC as well.

Soldato
If you are here at 5 most likely all that happens is you hear crickets chirping. All signs in the sky point to the launch actually being at 2pm. People have allegedly confirmed this over the phone to OC as well.
OK well 2pm then. I mean it does say the 5th at 5pm by OCUK themselves...
I haven't been checking the forum that much today.

Associate
Perhaps what they're reading in this thread is having an effect upon their pricing. People, including me, are hungry for these and with worries about stock levels are more likely to pay a bit more if it means securing the goods.

Despite being a loyal OCUK customer/supporter I must admit that the handling of the recent nvidia cards has seriously affected my desire to see here as my first stop. I'm hoping they snap out of the opportunistic pricing and general silence on stock levels although I'm not feeling a change with the sudden increase on these.
You must be new here... This happens here for every launch of every cpu or graphics card where stock is lower than demand. They also always launch 5 to 10 minutes before release yet somehow never seem to get pulled up on it.

Associate
Silly question but if we get one in the basket is it safe for a certain amount of time or can it still slip away like a fart in the wind?
If its anything like the 30 series release people were seeing the prices increase by £50 in their baskets or had their products vanish all together. Not a good way for OC to treat their customers so I hope they've learned. Looking at the gouging already here - seems tomorrow will be a similar experience.

Associate
I'm thinking more along the lines of being quick to add one tomorrow surely they allow you at least 5 minutes to checkout. I wouldn't expect to have one reserved right now.

Ah I got you. Yeah I'll be on my account as soon as I get a second at university tomorrow. Might just do remote learning tomorrow and flex my f5 finger in preparation lol.

Associate
I'm thinking more along the lines of being quick to add one tomorrow surely they allow you at least 5 minutes to checkout. I wouldn't expect to have one reserved right now.

Nope its a straight race to get payment authorised. OCUK allocate stock as payment gets authorised, not according to order time or number. Stock is not reserved when its in your basket, you have to be as fast as possible and pay with something that authorises instantly.

The quickest method is to buy ocuk gift vouchers now and have the balance added to your account and ready to go by 1:45pm and start refreshing the page of the cpu you want like a madman. Course if they bump the price up again between now and then you're stuffed so you better get £50 more than you think you need lol.
Second fastest method would be either credit card, paypal credit or paypal balance.
Third fastest is debit cards which have to check your available card balance before authorising
Next its PayPal card processing which has to connect to visa/mastercard, pass through your details and then check your balance.
Finance and bitcoin are the slowest as they need an actual person at the store to bother checking they are authorised before approving payment (or did last time I used either which was some time ago now admittedly).

[EDIT - No refunds on gift vouchers, while they are the quickest way to checkout once bought you've committed that money to your account here if you aren't quick enough for whatever reason...such as the site lagging out for example.]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom