• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Caporegime
Nope its a straight race to get payment authorised. OCUK allocate stock as payment gets authorised, not according to order time or number. Stock is not reserved when its in your basket, you have to be as fast as possible and pay with something that authorises instantly.

The quickest method is to buy ocuk gift vouchers now and have the balance added to your account and ready to go by 1:45pm and start refreshing the page of the cpu you want like a madman. Course if they bump the price up again between now and then you're stuffed so you better get £50 more than you think you need lol.
Second fastest method would be either credit card, paypal credit or paypal balance.
Third fastest is debit cards which have to check your available card balance before authorising
Next its PayPal card processing which has to connect to visa/mastercard, pass through your details and then check your balance.
Finance and bitcoin are the slowest as they need an actual person at the store to bother checking they are authorised before approving payment (or did last time I used either which was some time ago now admittedly).
Lol, impressive work mate.

Associate
You honestly can't blame them if customers pay it. They're a shop and by definition are in business to make profit, not to make friends. Its an economical opportunity when stock is limited and demand is high, charging more and still selling simply makes more profit.

Associate
Like come on now......as much as I despise the practice, why would there be a law to stop someone from selling something they legally bought?? We're not talking about medical masks or cancer treatment, where artificial shortage to create profit actually kills people - it's a CPU. If we don't buy it now, we'll buy it in few weeks, I'll be on this forum complaining all day but ultimately in the grand scheme of things it's not a huge deal. If you bought something, you should have the right to sell it. Why would the law be involved here??
And i'm talkig about people working for a company that sole business is to sell staff. If you work there and are buying staff before is available to customers and then selling them on other sites you are taking legit customers away from said business. I have no problem with you selling your old pc parts but the same way as Overclockers staff can't participate in competitions this should not have happen.

Associate
Lol, impressive work mate.

Probably should've kept it to myself, but they've priced me out again. They also wont take bitcoin to buy gift vouchers, I've asked a few times around each big launch for the last few years and been told maybe next time. I asked again a few weeks ago specifically for this launch in the CS forum and got told this time no, not now and not ever. I shop here based on price these days, not loyalty... Good luck to all shopping here tomorrow :)

I should've added before - no refunds on gift vouchers, so while its the fastest method you are then committed to spending that money here regardless if you're quick enough through the checkout to get what you want or not.

Last edited:
Associate
@Gibbo whys the 5950X gone up by 50 quid from the price you stated in this thread? Have AMD increased pricing?

it appears it's nothing to do with AMD its ocuk being greedy again. the old purple shirts are doing them at rrp and, what is even more funny, a guarantee that they won't put the price up between selecting product then getting to check out.... like ocuk did with the nvidia amp launch..

if you search all the online pc (even street old purple shirts) they are doing the right thing and showing good prices... which is nice considering the crap everyone is going through... showing the 5900x at £509.99 but ohhh no OCUK are special, they're doing it at £539.99.

the sheer arrogance of this company is amazing, they really don't understand how many long term customers are feeling after the Ampere launch..

excuses you will hear from OCUK...

1)" its due to the value of the pound" bla bla.. bs and even if it was use the thousands of pounds worth of interest you are making off the so called ampere pre orders to cover it....

2) "we are the biggest and most powerful uk store so we have hugeeeee buying power"... clearly this is a lie after ampere, everyone else is getting stock when they aren't - founders edition ?????

3) "we have great customer service" oh do me a favour, all i get is rubbish updates from some so called buyer that spends more time on the forum (garden section/stocks/cars) than actually doing his job.. iif you think im joking go check everybody

this company is turning into a sham... what really angers me there is one retail store on the high street that is matching ocuk prices and they have a much higher overhead to cover..

I would like to congratulate on ocuk helping me discover so many other online pc parts stores, before this whole ampere thing came to light i thought it was just you and the other one, but now i know about all the others... and now you guys are doing the same with the zen 3 launch..

you guys really have no idea how people are viewing yourselves at the moment especially when many are in tight spots because of lockdowns and all sorts

if you guys want to keep squeezing customers then fine but a lot of customers see you for what you are now.

I would like to hear from @Gibbo about this rather than seeing pictures of his back garden.

PS if other retailers ive tried not to mention up prices like you guys, sure ill feel the same, maybe not so bad because you guys have form.

sorry doug for hijacking that a bit but i had to get it off my chest

Associate
And i'm talkig about people working for a company that sole business is to sell staff. If you work there and are buying staff before is available to customers and then selling them on other sites you are taking legit customers away from said business. I have no problem with you selling your old pc parts but the same way as Overclockers staff can't participate in competitions this should not have happen.
That stuff is usually prohibited by your contract, like I work for a video games developer and we get video games from work which we "shouldn't" then sell(the company can't legally stop us from doing it, but it's in the contract). That's a civil, not criminal law matter if anything though. And competitions are *very* heavily regulated and that's why people related to organiser are prohibited. Not quite the same situation.

Soldato
Nope its a straight race to get payment authorised. OCUK allocate stock as payment gets authorised, not according to order time or number. Stock is not reserved when its in your basket, you have to be as fast as possible and pay with something that authorises instantly.

The quickest method is to buy ocuk gift vouchers now and have the balance added to your account and ready to go by 1:45pm and start refreshing the page of the cpu you want like a madman. Course if they bump the price up again between now and then you're stuffed so you better get £50 more than you think you need lol.
Second fastest method would be either credit card, paypal credit or paypal balance.
Third fastest is debit cards which have to check your available card balance before authorising
Next its PayPal card processing which has to connect to visa/mastercard, pass through your details and then check your balance.
Finance and bitcoin are the slowest as they need an actual person at the store to bother checking they are authorised before approving payment (or did last time I used either which was some time ago now admittedly).

[EDIT - No refunds on gift vouchers, while they are the quickest way to checkout once bought you've committed that money to your account here if you aren't quick enough for whatever reason...such as the site lagging out for example.]
Thanks. Super helpful info there.

Soldato
Think the pound may drop tomorrow due to lockdown so fully expecting this to be £1000 ish by the time they are live on the OcuK website.
They drop worldwide at 2pm gmt and OCUK selling at 5pm. Almost guaranteed they're hoping people give them that sweet sweet saturday delivery money too.

Associate
I am happy to pay more, as I assume many others are if it means getting the product earlier.. If the price was truly increased to balance the supply and demand I would guess the price would be much much higher unless the stock levels are better than everyone is expecting.

If its the choice of paying £100 more or waiting for a month extra I would pay the 100...

Associate
I am happy to pay more, as I assume many others are if it means getting the product earlier.. If the price was truly increased to balance the supply and demand I would guess the price would be much much higher unless the stock levels are better than everyone is expecting.

If its the choice of paying £100 more or waiting for a month extra I would pay the 100...

go and pop into the graphics card section and see what ocuk's version of getting stock earlier looks like lol

Soldato
people will buy from here - short term they will make more money - long term, perhaps not, who knows? but what i know for sure, i wouldn't take a card from here or anything else in the future,. it genuinely is a shame

Back
Top Bottom