• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
When it was showing as “in stock” the other day they had around a hundred of each model by speaking to them. Since then the staff bought all the stock so now there isn’t any more until 10th nov. I could be wrong but they said next refresh is 10th.

Good info, thanks! 5 day restock isn't too bad, assuming they come in similar numbers. The 3080 drip feed of a few SKUs was tiresome.

Associate
Yes to clarify they said they were expecting 100 5950x and 200 5900X on 10th

I love how these places actually give you good info when you call them!
If we're talking about the big Indian chain, then I can guarantee that the person on the phone has absolutely zero idea what the stocks are going to be. Their customer support does not have access to this information, they can see the numbers currently in stock but not the anticipated ones. If they are giving out this information then they are just guessing, it's simply not visible on their system. Their procurement department would know, but they wouldn't tell you.

Associate
49800 views on the 5900x in the last 12hrs on the competitors site ! I guess it will be the same for overclockers uk .
Its going to be a crazy lottery for sure :(

Associate
49800 views on the 5900x in the last 12hrs on the competitors site ! I guess it will be the same for overclockers uk .

I'd think thats because it had the add to basket button so everyone kept checking if it would now work, the 5800x is under 5k views and I dont think it had the button for more than an hour or so.

Associate
If we're talking about the big Indian chain, then I can guarantee that the person on the phone has absolutely zero idea what the stocks are going to be. Their customer support does not have access to this information, they can see the numbers currently in stock but not the anticipated ones. If they are giving out this information then they are just guessing, it's simply not visible on their system. Their procurement department would know, but they wouldn't tell you.

i don’t see the value in them lying about it, the lady on the phone volunteered that information, I didn’t ask. You seem to have some kind of authority on the matter like you work there or are the boss of the department, so I suppose we should all trust what you say rather than what their CS told me.

Soldato
If they are allowing staff to buy them before customers, it wouldn't matter how many they are expecting. Most will end up on an auction site.

That's some interesting fears about why you won't be able to get a CPU on launch day.

Shop floor workers on low wage with a few grand in cash or credit to buy out stock for resale. With management permission no less.

It's a conspiracy isn't it :D

Soldato
popcorn.gif

Sitting this one out and watching the carnage unfold, I'll consider after the reviews and user experiences are available and stock is readily available if I want a 5600X or not to replace my 3600

Associate
i don’t see the value in them lying about it, the lady on the phone volunteered that information, I didn’t ask. You seem to have some kind of authority on the matter like you work there or are the boss of the department, so I suppose we should all trust what you say rather than what their CS told me.
They might not be lying, but rather.....taking an educated guess. Working in the CS department you hear rumours, someone says something somewhere, someone knows John in marketing, or Mary in the warehouse, then these numbers appear out of thin air.

And no, ultimately this is an anonymous internet forum, don't trust anyone :D I'm just saying that having known people who work there, they can't see upcoming stock numbers. If you dig through this entire thread there are other people who rang them and got told that this information isn't available and won't be available. So if you got told a specific number with a date attached then cool, I treat it as single data point among many. That's all ;)

Associate
They might not be lying, but rather.....taking an educated guess. Working in the CS department you hear rumours, someone says something somewhere, someone knows John in marketing, or Mary in the warehouse, then these numbers appear out of thin air.

And no, ultimately this is an anonymous internet forum, don't trust anyone :D I'm just saying that having known people who work there, they can't see upcoming stock numbers. If you dig through this entire thread there are other people who rang them and got told that this information isn't available and won't be available. So if you got told a specific number with a date attached then cool, I treat it as single data point among many. That's all ;)

Fair enough. To give context, the lady took a few seconds to look this information up in her system, so it is possible this particular person had access to it.

Yeah, I've called OCUK and the competition about stock numbers several times for different things, depending on who you speak to they will either be really helpful and give you numbers (accurate or not), or be a jobsworth and say "the system says no".

Rom

Rom

Associate

Is that actual individual views? Or does that include all of us who are refreshing, revisiting to see if anythings changed etc :D

Associate
Is that actual individual views? Or does that include all of us who are refreshing, revisiting to see if anythings changed etc :D
Nah, their counting system only includes views, so every time you hit refresh it counts as one. Other competitors count actual IP addresses and the count is at around 500 currently for the 5900X. So *assuming* they got decent stock everyone should be able to buy one. That's a big if, but I chose to be optimistic :p

Also, another competitor(3 letter one) has added a note saying that the stock is very limited and once the product is added to basket you have 15 minutes when it's reserved for you. No one else does this as far as I know.

Back
Top Bottom