• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
While OCUK is a ********, it definitely isn't the only one. I tried to checkout with a competitor, confirmed 3D secure via Revolut 3 times and it failed every time, before telling me it was out of stock.

Soldato
Sadly not, £80 markup (minus the cost of next-day DPD delivery, which I'm guessing is £10?) was the price I had to pay to get one tomorrow.

Is this the place still showing stock of the 5800? As tempting as it is to buy one I’m really not happy about having to pay an additional 80 odd quid to get it now.

Associate
No point, Gibbo said all orders will be manually confirmed, that's probably why.

I rang them up and asked - they said it's normal, it takes a few hours for the order to appear in accounts. As long as you have a confirmation email it's all good.

i have the paypal confirmation, but no overclockers confirmation, is this what you mean?

Associate
i have the paypal confirmation, but no overclockers confirmation, is this what you mean?
Yeah, if you click on your account and your orders it should show up as "new order - awaiting payment confirmation". I'm 99% sure that's the "manual confirmation" Gibbo mentioned.

Associate
No point, Gibbo said all orders will be manually confirmed, that's probably why.

I rang them up and asked - they said it's normal, it takes a few hours for the order to appear in accounts. As long as you have a confirmation email it's all good.

:Edit Just spotted you’re talking about OcUK and not the competitor also frequently appearing here with that issue.

Cheers for that! I couldn’t get through on the phone and you’ve saved me a wait now.

Fingers crossed it’s not on the pre-order list now.

Soldato
Sadly not, £80 markup (minus the cost of next-day DPD delivery, which I'm guessing is £10?) was the price I had to pay to get one tomorrow.
Unfortunately you don't have trust cause there is a pretty wellknown (to HukD at least) etailer with stock for delivery tommorow, I assume at msrp if that is £509.99. That is what I paid from a competitor. I'm in no rush because I have a 3900x under an AIO but have a bunch of wc gear & waiting on a radeon 6800x + gpu block. Are EKWB selling blocks already?

Associate
Yeah, if you click on your account and your orders it should show up as "new order - awaiting payment confirmation". I'm 99% sure that's the "manual confirmation" Gibbo mentioned.

Yeah mine says that too. Although I have got an email saying "payment authorized" already.

Associate
So much for 5pm obviously that wasn’t gmt, nice to wake up after a night shift to find out everywhere’s out of stock but if I’ve learnt anything from the 3080 fiasco is not to fall for any of the artificial price hikes just wait it out.

Associate
Unfortunately you don't have trust cause there is a pretty wellknown (to HukD at least) etailer with stock for delivery tommorow, I assume at msrp if that is £509.99. That is what I paid from a competitor. I'm in no rush because I have a 3900x under an AIO but have a bunch of wc gear & waiting on a radeon 6800x + gpu block. Are EKWB selling blocks already?
That's fair, I don't expect anyone to trust anything I write on a forum without concrete evidence. I'd list the online retailers I tried but the post would get nuked.

Associate
FYI MS FLightsim 2020 requires a beastly spec PC to perform, even on the newest Nvidia cards it struggles, that 2060 will cry if you try and run it :)
Now that's really interesting as https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-pc-requirements seemed to say GTX 970 recommended and GTX 2080 needed for ideal so I'd assumed GTX 2060 would be well in for happy flying unless I insisted on having everything at highest resolution (which my ageing eyesigt probably wouldnt ha ha). Incidentally, I'm struggling on this forum. Without understanding how to start a new thread for my query, I'm finding it very hard (and no doubt those who might offer help would be also!) to find the post I made and any replies I may have had to it (esp as this thead seems to grow at an amazing rate so I may have to look across a lot of pages to even see if anyone is replying to my query. Can you offer any advice on how I can start a new thread specifically for my query? Thanks very much again - I really appreciate your replying. Mike

Associate
Did the '15 minute to checkout site' sell only items in stock? Managed to get a 5900x final checkout page crashed but I got Amazon Pay confirmation and store email confirmation but still waiting for dispatch. I hope its coming. :D

Back
Top Bottom