• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Well, just to add insult to injury after having had the CPU in my basket while it was in stock, getting through checkout, paypal and then crashing at confirmation page TWICE, when I finally did get an order to go through and the CPU was now pre-order, it appears that PayPal having taken the payment from the wrong account. Even though I know for a fact I had not selected that account.
So looks like I'll have to cancel and re-order or something to fix it.

Associate
I guess this saves me £175 in the end because I got the Aorus Master in the basket because the Elite was out of stock. I'll just wait for stable stock, no point in pre-ordering.

Associate
At times like this, don't forget about your local PC/component shops if you have one nearby. Whilst they might not have massive stock levels like the biggest on-line retailers, they do often have supplies of newly launched products for a small premium over the cheapest on-line prices. My local shop posted today on facebook that they have limited 5600x stocks, and have posted about the occasional 3080/3090 stock arriving over the past few weeks. With the country in lockdown, many such shops may have placed orders for stock, but can't now open to sell it.

Associate
I refreshed page at 14:02. Got order conformation at 14:05 and order placed email at 15:28 if that helps just got payment authorised at 15:49.

I ordered at the exact same time 14:05 but got payment authorised at 15:59. Nothing on shipping though :( Doesn't look like I was quick enough for tomorrow. Does it show under my orders for you their site?

Associate
got a 5900x into my basket at 1:57pm today, could never get through to payment screen, finally managed to get order completed just before 4pm, so will be quite far back in the queue for this one. Lets hope AMD's production machines are up and running at speed and that I will get one before xmas.

On a happy note my MSI Gaming Trio X 3080 was shipped today, so at least I'll have a new toy to play with tomorrow, shame it's going to be running on an old Intel CPU for a while.

Just need to wait until tomorrow now to try to get hold of an iPhone 12 Pro Max, hopefully my luck will be better on that one.

Soldato
If you haven't seen the update:

Hi there

Most crazy CPU launch ever, we have sold over 2000 units already!

In short:
5950X - Small amount due next week, around 300 sold
5900X - Very large amount due end of next week, 1000 sold nearly.
5800X - Very large amount due in around 10 days, 500 sold
5600X - Very large amount due in around 10 days, 500 sold.

All being well all those who have ordered today before 5pm should have a CPU by end of this month apart from potentially 5950X which may take until end of December to clear.

HOWEVER, it is day one, AMD and its master distributors will update me next week on shipments, but volumes are much better than on GPU's so people should be waiting not too long, approx 2-4 weeks.

Thanks for your orders, our warehouse is doing its best but of course with lockdown also this week levels of orders have increased by 50% as ordering goes crazy during lock down.

Back
Top Bottom