• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
At times like this, don't forget about your local PC/component shops if you have one nearby. Whilst they might not have massive stock levels like the biggest on-line retailers, they do often have supplies of newly launched products for a small premium over the cheapest on-line prices. My local shop posted today on facebook that they have limited 5600x stocks, and have posted about the occasional 3080/3090 stock arriving over the past few weeks. With the country in lockdown, many such shops may have placed orders for stock, but can't now open to sell it.
I'll be honest, it's been years and years since I last saw a local computer shop that sold anything close to being up to date. Last time I went into one, I wanted a DVI to HDMI adapter, and they wanted £20 for it! Don't mind paying a bit to support a local shop, but they were taking the michael. Or, perhaps, they only had a limited stock and had added a few quid onto the retail price because they could...

Associate
So - the opening post says 5th Nov at 5pm - how come it was much earlier ?

I have always bought my stuff from OC UK for many years - but thinking its time to move on.

Associate
Have I cocked-up? Placed 5600x order about 10 mins ago, thinking I was in a queue for a 5pm launch. Now suspect they have all sold out and I'm actually in pre-order queue. :(

Soldato
I'm confused, why are these supposed to be so amazing?

I checked gaming benchmarks and 10700k is still ahead?

So why is anyone even bothering to be obsessively trying to get one, sure at least they are near to it. But it's not the end of the world if you don't get one, just save time and go buy a 10700k.

Rom

Rom

Associate
What time did you order with bolton?

Got the invoice at 14:08, and said my Pre order itme will be delivered when available.

Gonna be a bit annoying if I get 2! Shouldn't have an issues returning one though I think. Just the postage cost will be a lot to insure.

Soldato

So why is anyone even bothering to be obsessively trying to get one, sure at least they are near to it. But it's not the end of the world if you don't get one, just save time and go buy a 10700k.

Because most of us already have a compatible motherboard, ram and so on. And lots of people use their PC’s here for more than just gaming, where these chips really shine.

Associate

Have a look at Linus tech Tips video on the tube, he's raving about them, whether or not to believe him is another matter.

Associate
I'm just sitting back and waiting until its all settled down, in no particular rush, can wait a month by which time more detailed reviews with more realistic ram choices etc will be out. Linus has these smashing Intel yet others seem to be less clear, I keep trying to get to see the Anand review but their site is swamped.

Associate
Have I cocked-up? Placed 5600x order about 10 mins ago, thinking I was in a queue for a 5pm launch. Now suspect they have all sold out and I'm actually in pre-order queue. :(

Every OCUK order is in a queue. Gibbo even said they don't have stock and they're expecting some next week. OCUK don't have the buying power like their competition.

Gibbo's definition's are
Very small = Less than 10 units
Small = 10-30 units
OK = approx 50 units
Large = 75-100 units
Very large = 100+
Dream = 250+

He's expecting between 100-250 of each by next week.

Associate
I was waiting until 5pm too, it looks like i may have missed the train if people have them already.

Its a little confusing putting 5PM in the title of the forum post if they go live at 2PM. Unless there is a second wind ofcourse.

Soldato
I was waiting until 5pm too, it looks like i may have missed the train if people have them already.

Its a little confusing putting 5PM in the title of the forum post if they go live at 2PM. Unless there is a second wind ofcourse.
They don't even have the first wind.

Back
Top Bottom