• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Ok so if my "order shipped" Email went out last night at 9:30pm and i got the DPD email confirming also when do you think they will pick it up? Pick up monday and arrive tues?

Tried to call DPD but they spookily knew (because they have my phone number from the sender i assume) and an automated voice said we dont have your parcel yet. think its worth calling OC?

Or maybe DPD could pick it up later today but as i didnt pay for saturday delivery i guess im still waiting till monday anyway.. meh ill just have to be patient.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think this was anywhere near as bad as the Nvidia release but we'll see how long it takes for a decent sized batch of new stock to come in but yeah the mark up is/was complete bull.
Nah it wasn't as bad. But it was still the same f5 bull and instant stock sell out, at least for the 5950x. I ordered mine with a mask within 3 minutes of the page going live and most of that delay was due to the slowness of the website, was informed at 00:44 that there is no stock now until 30th of November.

Luckily I had a secondary reservation abroad which is coming on wednesday now but at £50 more. It shouldn't be this hard.

Soldato
Ok so if my "order shipped" Email went out last night at 9:30pm and i got the DPD email confirming also when do you think they will pick it up? Pick up monday and arrive tues?

Tried to call DPD but they spookily knew (because they have my phone number from the sender i assume) and an automated voice said we dont have your parcel yet. think its worth calling OC?

Or maybe DPD could pick it up later today but as i didnt pay for saturday delivery i guess im still waiting till monday anyway.. meh ill just have to be patient.

When it has been picked up by DPD you may get the option to upgrade the delivery (if you pay for it) to Saturday if you track the number and see what options are available.

Soldato

It missed the lorry but youlll likely get it Monday.

I ordered something at 10:30am and that missed the lorry too.

Associate
It missed the lorry but youlll likely get it Monday.

I ordered something at 10:30am and that missed the lorry too.

OK thanks for that

EDIT: Iv hit my 15post in 24hr limit so ill be back at a later time to talk more.

Good luck all with your orders and systems.

Last edited:
Associate
Nah it wasn't as bad. But it was still the same f5 bull and instant stock sell out, at least for the 5950x. I ordered mine with a mask within 3 minutes of the page going live and most of that delay was due to the slowness of the website, was informed at 00:44 that there is no stock now until 30th of November.

I do sympathise with those who paid for their order while the site was still showing as in stock, the rest of us knew what we getting in to. I'm still wondering what's going on with my order, it's been with them for a week, all items in stock, wasted an hour on phone yesterday and they didn't bother to update me, been on the phone for 40 mins in queue... I'm patient but this is poor.

Regarding the Overclockers site am I imagining things or wasn't it Actinic based? I'm not surprised they don't want to make a more robust setup for something that might only occur once or twice a year if that.

Luckily I had a secondary reservation abroad which is coming on wednesday now but at £50 more. It shouldn't be this hard.

Well, anyone who really wants one just needs to figure out what to do with the motherboard that comes with it as they're still in stock (barely).

Associate
Just had this from other online retailer...

'Thank you for your feedback.

Due to the huge demand for the AMD 5000 series CPUs we are sorry that you weren't able to purchase one of the limited number available at launch. The stock we had sold through in minutes making it the fastest selling CPU launch we have ever seen. This was echoed across all of the launch retailers. There was simply far more demand than there was stock to sell. This means that we have placed you in a pre-order queue based on a 'first come first served' basis backed by our Pre-order price promise.

We will be sharing queue position emails to all pre-order customers very soon and will launch an FAQ page with answers to the most common questions along with week by week tracking of the stock coming in so that you are kept informed with all of the detail that we have. We are assured by AMD themselves that there will be plenty of stock arriving over the coming weeks so wait times shouldn't be too long.

We are currently in the process of developing a queue based checkout process to help minimise the issues we have seen on recent launches where demand has been significantly more than in previous years. Given these events are few and far between we know where to focus our improvements and we're making the needed changes.'

The fact that they had this issue before is not a new thing and they should have been better equipped.

Associate

I rang Overclockers earlier today, because I'm in the exact same boat - my 5900X "order shipped" around 10pm last night.

Got told that it means the order is packaged and ready for collection by DPD, and seeing how I haven't paid for upgraded delivery yes, it should be delivered on Monday. However....The person I spoke to also said that because DPD is overloaded at the moment, they usually deliver on the weekend anyway, just to reduce the load on Monday(since they accept parcels over the weekend, they end up with a million deliveries on Monday). Or alternatively, once the parcel is collected from their warehouse around 7PM, you should be able to upgrade the delivery to a weekend one(for a fee) on DPDs website. I asked if OC can upgrade it for me but nope, they can't, the packages are all sitting in the warehouse ready for collection already, no one is going to go and fish it out to change the label on it now.

So....yeah, I'll be trying to get mine upgraded to Saturday delivery on DPD's website, we'll see how it goes.

Soldato
Just received my queue number for my 5950x....113

Got another one on order elsewhere as part of a M/B bundle as they reportedly have them in stock if you order as part of a bundle so I'll see what arrives first.

Associate
Just received my queue number for my 5950x....113

Got another one on order elsewhere as part of a M/B bundle as they reportedly have them in stock if you order as part of a bundle so I'll see what arrives first.
106 position for the 5600x myself , meaning i miss the mark for next week by 6 that sucks lol

Associate
I literally post that and get a position queue email, currently 94 so hopefully the wait won’t be long

Has one myself, 286. Guess that means I wont be in the next stock wave. But I cant cancel cause you have to email or put a note on the forum and that is super slow. How do I access live chat?

Soldato
Just had this from other online retailer...

'Thank you for your feedback.

Due to the huge demand for the AMD 5000 series CPUs we are sorry that you weren't able to purchase one of the limited number available at launch. The stock we had sold through in minutes making it the fastest selling CPU launch we have ever seen. This was echoed across all of the launch retailers. There was simply far more demand than there was stock to sell. This means that we have placed you in a pre-order queue based on a 'first come first served' basis backed by our Pre-order price promise.

We will be sharing queue position emails to all pre-order customers very soon and will launch an FAQ page with answers to the most common questions along with week by week tracking of the stock coming in so that you are kept informed with all of the detail that we have. We are assured by AMD themselves that there will be plenty of stock arriving over the coming weeks so wait times shouldn't be too long.

We are currently in the process of developing a queue based checkout process to help minimise the issues we have seen on recent launches where demand has been significantly more than in previous years. Given these events are few and far between we know where to focus our improvements and we're making the needed changes.'

The fact that they had this issue before is not a new thing and they should have been better equipped.

Is that from Bolton?

Associate
Has one myself, 286. Guess that means I wont be in the next stock wave. But I cant cancel cause you have to email or put a note on the forum and that is super slow. How do I access live chat?
I'm 246 for a 5800x. Where did you see how much stock is coming per shipment? Just hoping I get it before the end of the month when my 3070 is due.

Back
Top Bottom