• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
You won't know unless you make an order. You can always cancel it if it's too high for your liking

Which as much as I like OC UK personally won't do, it is not a lottery, if something is available to purchase one purchase it else one has to be given an ETA, if you do not have an ETA they should just state that as I appreciate everyone is USING Covid as excuse for a variety of things when China has zero cases, zero restriction for months... (which is another interesting point)so AMD probably will follow that line.

I personally think unless one is desperate for a piece of silicon the best thing is to wait until January, there are literally no game that are penalized without GPU/CPU being released, not even Cyberpunk, and there won't be any until games are optimized for consoles either :D

Then I mean some people do like lotteries and the lesser smart even microtransactions so it is a free world :) but I am keeping an eye on here and competitor, the first one putting an ETA will get the money else can easily wait 2 months.

Associate
Doh, I literally just upgraded my bios on the same motherboard to 1.4 / weird how it didn’t recognise the CPU!
I think maybe at my first attempt the BIOS file was corrupt or something, as the first one took much less time than the second one with the older BIOS. I'd say the BIOS flash led kept flashing for about a minute with the first attempt, and a good 5 minutes during the second attempt. Maybe I should have tried a different stick or something, don't know. I upgraded the bios to v14 now, directly from inside the BIOS with M-Flash and it works fine.

Associate
Anyone know what the queue on the 5800x/5900x is with OC right about now?

I thought (due to this thread) that the 5900x was not going on sale until 5pm (bad on OC for that) so went online and ordered at 3.20pm and am 325 in the queue, they say they expecting the next batch in 3-6 weeks, but not sure if more than 300 coming, so god knows when i will be getting cpu :(

Associate
I thought (due to this thread) that the 5900x was not going on sale until 5pm (bad on OC for that) so went online and ordered at 3.20pm and am 325 in the queue, they say they expecting the next batch in 3-6 weeks, but not sure if more than 300 coming, so god knows when i will be getting cpu :(

In the other thread, Gibbo said "5900x - very large batch coming in 10 days". Very large as defined by him in the same thread = 250+ units.

Associate
FYI for all 5000 seires people you are looking for 4 ranks of memory being used for the best performance. This all came out of different reviewers getting different results.

So 4 sticks of single-rank(8GB sticks typically) for 2 sticks of dual-rank(16GB sticks typically) b-die of 3200CL14 or 3600CL16.

Either way you looking at 32GB systems... or 64GB if you get some micron single-rank 16GB sticks x 4.

Read the comments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UkGu6A-6sQ&t=5s
https://youtu.be/25NW8cHNrgA

Associate
FYI for all 5000 seires people you are looking for 4 ranks of memory being used for the best performance. This all came out of different reviewers getting different results.

So 4 sticks of single-rank(8GB sticks typically) for 2 sticks of dual-rank(16GB sticks typically) b-die of 3200CL14 or 3600CL16.

Either way you looking at 32GB systems... or 64GB if you get some micron single-rank 16GB sticks x 4.

Read the comments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UkGu6A-6sQ&t=5s
https://youtu.be/25NW8cHNrgA

Yeah except that the more sticks you have, the slower they run. The extremely popular X570 Tomahawk can support maximum 3600MHz with 4x sticks. That's why I went with 2x 16GB sticks, to hopefully overclock a little bit later(and 2x dummy Corsair RGB sticks to complete the look).

I'm at 132 in the queue for a 5900x, order eventually went through at 14:48.

Order went in 2:39pm, CPU arrived yesterday.

However, as others have already pointed out - the order goes in the queue once the payment is authorized, not when the order is placed. So you could have placed an order at 2pm sharp and still be somewhere in the queue if the payment authorized an hour later.

Back
Top Bottom