• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
So after turning up at 5pm as per the thread title and being 3 hours behind everyone, I didn't even bother with the pre-order. I put my hopes on snagging one somewhere else. Luckily on Friday I managed to snag a 5950x and ASUS x570-E Gaming mobo bundle, which worked out £10 cheaper than buying them seperately, I can claim £40 back with an ASUS promo and the 5950x came pre-installed with the mobo bios flashed up-to-date, so it's safe to say I'm pretty happy with how that all worked out :D

Whats this £40 promo thing your talking about :D:D:D wonder if it will work for
my bundle i bought

AMD RYZEN 9 5950X SIXTEEN CORE 4.9GHZ, ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING MOTHERBOARD CPU BUNDLE

EDIT: never mind found the promo, hmm i only get £25 cashback but what the hell better than nowt :D

then once the stuff arrives i can sell the motherboard @ocuk for almost what i paid as it will be brand new and unopened and i should end up being under 800 what i paid with ocuk for the 5950x so its a win win :D this way i get the cpu much faster.

Last edited:
Associate
So I'm looking at parent company's website and it says arriving soon for 5950x. And Arriving soon on their website means:
The item should be available again within the course of the day or the following business day and is then considered to be in stock.

It would be nice if it was true :D

Associate
So moral of this story is look around and be vigilant much like Boris Johnston Stay Safe Stay Alert but only for me I am staying vigilant with Left mouse click ready and waiting on snagging a 5950 for sensible money.

Associate
So after turning up at 5pm as per the thread title and being 3 hours behind everyone, I didn't even bother with the pre-order. I put my hopes on snagging one somewhere else. Luckily on Friday I managed to snag a 5950x and ASUS x570-E Gaming mobo bundle, which worked out £10 cheaper than buying them seperately, I can claim £40 back with an ASUS promo and the 5950x came pre-installed with the mobo bios flashed up-to-date, so it's safe to say I'm pretty happy with how that all worked out :D
Though I would like the box and all as come upgrade time you will get more resale if you have the box bits and bobs as the processor on its own will not attract the higher bids.. You lucky ducky wonder where that was you were able to see that special deal. That wasnt you selling that combo on flea bay £999 was it that Asus board looks crap.

Associate
I wouldn't worry about OEM cpu's as above 1 year warranty and they are not poor chips or any different to retail apart from not boxed. all the highly binned CPU's come from OEM not open box retail versions. I have had both in the past and all have been just as good as each other.

Associate
Outrageous pricing, having OcUK commented on this?

Before the usual 'supply and demand' comments come flooding in, they don't have a leg to stand on if their reply is anything other than greed.

Just look at them charging £218 for a vanilla 3600 as well, it's laughable

Associate
Well the morale of this story is it is going to be a very long time before I am looking to find a buy now tab anywhere of the 5950X at RRP £749.99 not unless I become very lucky akin to winning the lottery.

Associate
Sure, OEM cpus come with 1 yr warranty with the supplier not AMD.

Just saying if that supplier isnt around anymore then the warranty isnt either.

If it wasn't for Brexit, you'd have a two year guarantee regardless of what the manufacturer/supplier says: https://europa.eu/youreurope/busine...s-guarantees/consumer-guarantees/index_en.htm doesn't matter if it's an OEM part, it's being sold as a consumer good so consumer laws apply.

I believe after January we're left with the Consumer Rights Act - any good sold to a consumer that develops a fault within the first six months will be deemed to have been supplied with that fault.

Dubyah's right though, if the supplier/retailer goes belly up your stuck.

Soldato
They are there to make money I suppose to be honest I dont buy an awful lot of those retailers for that reason as usually I source around for much cheaper e tailer.
There's 1 manufacturer and likely 1 distributor for the UK. There should be no price difference between any of the retailers, they're all getting it for the same price from the same place so if 1 can offer MSRP they all have the ability to quite easily. OCUK making the choice to scalp.

Associate
The problem here are these retailers allow scalpers to use bots to deliberately buy stock then they up the price to and send it to e bay to make a killing one guy on e bay has 10 for sale and has already sold 6 at £994 that’s £193 profit after e bay PayPal fees @ 14.5% + £0.30 and £15 postage. That’s 2K profit the sooner we learn how to use bots the better chance we have of buying when stock comes out that is the only way anyone has a chance to buy when stock hits the shelves. Rather than waiting 6 months after release before you can buy.

Back
Top Bottom