• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
Ah, that's not the way retail works. If Tesco have no milk then I ask Tesco when they'll have it back in. I don't go calling the farmer, or indeed the Dairy group who supplies Tesco.

I don't know who the distributor is that takes care of CPU's transport logistics on behalf of AMD. Of course AMD are chipmakers, not a transport firm or a transport agent (those firms that book transport with logistics firms). Can't imagine AMD providing detailed answers.

I have spoken ;)

Correct!
WE have a contract of sale with OCUK,
OCUK have a contract of supply with the DISTRIBUTORS,
DISTRIBUTORS have a contract of supply with AMD.

That's the general chain of supply. We can only make a complaint to OCUK, who we have a contract with. My only gripe is taking full funds for orders, they knew they could not fulfil. Should be more like 25%, then 75% on dispatch.

Soldato
Correct!
WE have a contract of sale with OCUK,
OCUK have a contract of supply with the DISTRIBUTORS,
DISTRIBUTORS have a contract of supply with AMD.

That's the general chain of supply. We can only make a complaint to OCUK, who we have a contract with. My only gripe is taking full funds for orders, they knew they could not fulfil. Should be more like 25%, then 75% on dispatch.

Out of curiosity, what difference does it make how much of the payment they take?

Associate
Everyone is upset and want their stuff to finish their build or other reasons, I want it to. We can point fingers, blame, argue with eachother, but nothing will change. Nobody will provide update when we want to, or when there is no update.
If you search for a bit or remeber when the 4000 series was launched in August, AMD was literally in the same position, because of that they even offered the same laptops with intel cpus, but no apology. Sometime this year Lisa Su said that they can’t produce 7nm processor fast enough to keep with the demand. Nobody will apologise, nobody will give updates when there are none, nobody will update us just because we paid.
Yes they knew about high demand, yes they should’ve postpone the launch day. Look at the bright side al the problems which came with first and second batch(if there was one) will be addressed. It sucks waiting all this time, we all have different opinions, but we are in the same boat.

Associate
It would give them more of an incentive to acquire and ship out these orders.

You'd think that. But it allows for buyers to in effect play the system - ending up on the queue for multiple retailers (if the "deposit" is insignificant enough) and simply buying the first one that ships and cancelling all others. This would result in retailers having an incorrect view of demand - resulting in even worse reporting and statistics for buyers.

While that is happening to some extent now (y'all have deep pockets I swear) it is in no way as bad as it would be.
This was discussed somewhere in an OCUK blog post or demand update, but I can't find it anymore.

EDIT:

On of the annoying things about buying hardware in advance of CPU delivery is being unable to test everything within the returns/full refund window :(

I might be misunderstanding but it's worth pointing out that the returns period begins from the date the item was received - not purchased. So pre-orders still have the same returns policy as normal.

Last edited:
Associate
While I'm still waiting for my 5950x, which I ordered 2 minutes past launch, I started wondering.
In UK we have one decent logistics company. DPD. I have never had issues with them, and their service is unbelievable. But I believe no one is using them as international transportation of good. Let's assume they are not. We are left with UPS/Fedex/DHL and their daughter companies, all of them are utter crap when it comes to delivering stuff on time.
So I'm thinking if ocUK and their "friends" are just being yanked around the chain by these logistics companies. Otherwise, what would be the point of shop telling us that they expect such amount of product, and then come the date, they say they are still chasing what happened to the delivery.

Associate
Well my 5950x is with DPD and "should" arrive today. It's the final piece I need for my new build. I placed this order on the 15th ~5pm. However my other order which I placed on the 5th at 14:07... I am at the back of their queue....

Associate
Just got confirmation that my 5950x from OCUK has just been shipped. I ws number 10 in the queue. So looks like the 5950x shipment has landed.

Soldato
It would give them more of an incentive to acquire and ship out these orders.

Or it just delays the whole process, as then retailers reliant on you having funds available at the time, they/you have no idea when shipments could land... If it declines, do they sit and handhold you to sort your money? Or do they just give it to the next person and say screw you/cancel your order? Adds way too much time to the process.

Associate
Hi guys, just had to remove an ssd from my order after I received a notification stating my order could not be processed due to an out of stock item. The kicker is my 5950x was on that order so fingers crossed its finally happening.

Back
Top Bottom