• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
any updates on filling 5900x backorders ? the official update thread doesn't seem to have been updated in several weeks

The news is there is unlikely to be any deliveries before the end of January they are still waiting for an ETA from AMD for February but with Chinese new year happening on the 12th plus all the other current logistic struggles, it might be March before any good amount start arriving. I guess it depends where you sit in the queue as they might be some small stock arrive over the next few weeks.

Associate
Hello! Was wondering if there were any updates on the 5900x's?

I've still not received a queue position and worried that should a shipment come in it won't cover my order, need my PC for working from home as my laptop is starting to struggle with what I need it for, so if it's going to be several weeks I may just go the 5800x route.

Associate
How long before an order is dispatched with the current problems?

I ordered a 5800x and multiple parts 1 week ago and have heard nothing since.

Whats more annoying is my friend asked me on monday night about my order and i told him i've heard nothing, no update and no time frame, so on tuesday morning he ordered the same cpu, mobo, ram and cooler from S*** and it was dispatched on same day and he got a txt from DPD today saying it's being delivered while i'm sitting here 1 week later with no info after spending nearly £1000.

If it's not going to be dispatched until sometime next week whats the best/quickest way to cancel?

Last edited:
Associate
How long before an order is dispatched with the current problems?

I ordered a 5800x and multiple parts 1 week ago and have heard nothing since.

Whats more annoying is my friend asked me on monday night about my order and i told him i've heard nothing, no update and no time frame, so on tuesday morning he ordered the same cpu, mobo, ram and cooler from ******** and it was dispatched on same day and he got a txt from DPD today saying it's being delivered while i'm sitting here 1 week later with no info after spending nearly £1000.

If it's not going to be dispatched until sometime next week whats the best/quickest way to cancel?

You need to hide the name of the competitor on here because it will result in your post being removed. You can pretty much guarantee the hardcore fanboy's on here will have already reported it...

Associate
You need to hide the name of the competitor on here because it will result in your post being removed. You can pretty much guarantee the hardcore fanboy's on here will have already reported it...

Cheers for the advice, fan boying a shop lol.

Anyways I was told the warehouse are struggling to find some of the parts I wanted. Although I was only told that after I left a msg in this forum which makes me wonder how many more days the warehouse would have kept searching before telling me anything.

Hopefully my 5800x is here soon!

Last edited:
Associate
You should split your orders. I had a CPU Cooler and the 5900x ordered. 5900x back logs got cleared but I heard nothing. Turns out, they pass you over if you have other items waiting, instead of splitting the delivery, contacting you, or allocating the item and waiting. You could potentially never get your order as each time an item comes in, it goes out of stock and they skip you.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Latest update from AMD is 5900X and 5950X won't be until around April now. We might see some sooner from grey channel supplies but there is nothing out there at present.

Associate
Well there you go then - I'd be interested to know the reasons - ie are they going somewhere else, are too few being made, or is there some kind of imports issue. Either way it's a long wait with no certainty of them appearing then too.

Associate
Hi there

Latest update from AMD is 5900X and 5950X won't be until around April now. We might see some sooner from grey channel supplies but there is nothing out there at present.

Wow, big issues for AMD, huh?

I'd have probably gone 10900k if I'd known 5900x would take so long to appear.

Back
Top Bottom