• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
These CPU are overpriced and already underwhelming there are people still going cucu to buy some? Well no surprise AMD turned the anti-consumer company it is (like the other corporates after all, as that's what they are).

It is February, by the time you get one these have little value unless you run a 486 this is one of them times where "waiting for the next thing" is the only smart thing to do...provided pricing will be right but probably will as a big % of PC Gamer will move to consoles, except the more long time users among us.

There is little need for CPU for gaming and unless very old barely for productivity, unless one is a prosumer earning from it. Said that same applies for GPU considering how bad the offering vs pricing is.

Associate
These CPU are overpriced and already underwhelming there are people still going cucu to buy some? Well no surprise AMD turned the anti-consumer company it is (like the other corporates after all, as that's what they are).

It is February, by the time you get one these have little value unless you run a 486 this is one of them times where "waiting for the next thing" is the only smart thing to do...provided pricing will be right but probably will as a big % of PC Gamer will move to consoles, except the more long time users among us.

There is little need for CPU for gaming and unless very old barely for productivity, unless one is a prosumer earning from it. Said that same applies for GPU considering how bad the offering vs pricing is.

this actually sounds more like you really want one but you're mad because you cant. :D

Associate
No... no. I want a 5900X. Eight cores isn't enough, and Zen 3 is hardly 'underwhelming'. In face it's the first time I haven't been underwhelmed by a CPU since Sandy Bridge.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Nah,

It'll be GPUs for years to come, with higher resolution gaming/higher demand for resultion, each time you up 1080,1440,4k etc, its it a massive jump in performance hit, almost all of which, well actually all of it, hitting the GPU NOT the CPU.

IF you play 1440p you dont even need that much fo a modern CPU really its making little difference, even at higher refresh gaming monitors you'll be bottlenecked by the GPU unless you are trying to run some kind of weird 1440p but minimum graphics settings or similar. Even more so at 4k.

At the moment I think the shift is starting to happen from 1080 to 1440 but I still think its 50/50. Actually Id be interested if anyone has any statistics on that, steam hardware survey or similar at what the most common gaming resultion is, I bet its still 1080p.

This is my opinion too

Soldato
For you guys waiting for a 5900x, do you really need the extra 4 cores?

If your just gaming, 5800x is better.

I could cancel the 5900X and buy a 5800X.. but i dont want to. I want the CPU i paid for; the company i bought it from have had the money for 3 months and they did not make it clear that this would be a preorder at checkout. All comms from them have dried up for the last 3 weeks and their website just say TBC, and they dont respond to emails. That's unacceptable. At least OCUK pretty regularly post updates here so we have some clue as to what's going on.

Associate
Really frustrating you can't get a 5900X anywhere, i've got all my other components just sitting here.
I had that in November and gave in, with a short term 3600. I've been blown away by the 3600... and you can't buy the 5900x anyway.

Still want/need the 12 cores, which I'm going to get, but I'm supprised at how happy I am at 6? Vast improvement on what I had.

Soldato
Well there you go then - I'd be interested to know the reasons - ie are they going somewhere else, are too few being made, or is there some kind of imports issue. Either way it's a long wait with no certainty of them appearing then too.

AMD were close to bankrupt, so had to sell their Fabs (factories that produce the wafers that are turned into die's). This happened many years ago. Now, AMD have to beg TSMC and global foundries to make their CPU's. TSMC's 7nm process is the current best in the world, so all the biggest tech companies are willing to pay top $ for the privilidge.

Intel is also going to be buying 3/5/7nm wafers from TSMC, as another way to twist the knife and send AMD back the the pits. Further competition means AMD simply can't make enough CPU's to satisfy demand, this also severely limits their overall profits.

Oh, and AMD is contractually obligated to use the majority of their wafer allocation for PS5/Xbox APU production, for relatively peanuts compared to the margin on Ryzen.

Soldato
Wow, big issues for AMD, huh?

I'd have probably gone 10900k if I'd known 5900x would take so long to appear.

Go for the 11900k, probably be significantly better availability compared to AMD, as Intel make their own chips in their own fabs (on a relatively crap process, but least they can put them on the shelves!)

11900k will be faster than any Ryzen CPU in games anyway.

Associate
Go for the 11900k, probably be significantly better availability compared to AMD, as Intel make their own chips in their own fabs (on a relatively crap process, but least they can put them on the shelves!)

11900k will be faster than any Ryzen CPU in games anyway.

I guess it depends when the 11900k drops and how much it / mobos cost.

Soldato
It absolutely will. Zen 2 was out of stock for months, and this time the demand is even greater & N7 supply is very limited as consoles, CPUs AND GPUs are all on the same node. TSMC can't keep up with this demand!

People thinking this won't be sold out within the minute are going to be very rudely surprised.

Someone that has used logic to realise what will happen for a fact. Also all thinking the prices are as stated are in for a rude wake up call too.. Go check what is happening already with the 3000 series pricing, it's started to creep up at even the retailers that had them on sale.

Guess we got that one right ;).

Soldato
Guess we got that one right ;).

cover1.jpg

:D

Associate
All the butt hurt Intel fans in here lately lol. Face it guys at the moment AMD are better....Intel will leap frog them for single core performance probably with the next release then Zen 4 will grab it all back.... Don't be a fanboy...be smart :)

Associate
I could cancel the 5900X and buy a 5800X.. but i dont want to. I want the CPU i paid for; the company i bought it from have had the money for 3 months and they did not make it clear that this would be a preorder at checkout. All comms from them have dried up for the last 3 weeks and their website just say TBC, and they dont respond to emails. That's unacceptable. At least OCUK pretty regularly post updates here so we have some clue as to what's going on.

I expect you received an update queue email today. (position 236, me).

Back
Top Bottom