• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Wow just seen the update on another website. 500+ Preorders, expected qty 15.

The website i ordered with aren't getting any until late April so i've cancelled it. Unless i can find a place to import one, i'm just gonna go with the 5800X.

Associate
Wow just seen the update on another website. 500+ Preorders, expected qty 15.

The website i ordered with aren't getting any until late April so i've cancelled it. Unless i can find a place to import one, i'm just gonna go with the 5800X.

Yes. I am number 15 in that very queue....

Associate
My 5900x arrived today and it seems like not only can I not clock my RAM/IF as high but single thread performance has taken a fair dip compared to my 5800x. It's only around 3% but it's a dip nonetheless, I figured with the higher boost clocks that I'd gain a little, not lose it.

I'm tempted to stick it straight back on eBay to be honest.

Associate
When do people think stock will normalise? I was looking to get a 5950x but i think im just going to get a 3950x as they are in stock in some places at least.

Soldato
My 5900x arrived today and it seems like not only can I not clock my RAM/IF as high but single thread performance has taken a fair dip compared to my 5800x. It's only around 3% but it's a dip nonetheless, I figured with the higher boost clocks that I'd gain a little, not lose it.

I'm tempted to stick it straight back on eBay to be honest.

What made you think that?

There seems to be some missguided believe that a 5900x somehow clocks better than 5800x. It made of the same CCD but on a 5900x there are two argueably lower quality ones due to the fact that 2 of the cores on each have been binned.

Just trawl through some of the threads on this forum and you can see the 5800x is getting consistently higher single and all core clock speeds over the 8 cores.

I think people are reading the headline specs but reality is different.

5900x is worse for gaming, all be it very marginally as your results found, but that is typical. Yet people are like, but 12 cores, 12 cores, 4 more cores, future proof, more cores........

Yup more core that for gaming, dont mean jack ****, today, in 5 years time or most likely 10 years time when the CPU will be more obsolete anyway.

Yeah but 12 cores.........

12 cores..........

The only justification anyone can legitimately have for needed a 5900x or a 5800x is they regularly use software that fully makes use of the multi-core threading, in which case fine.

But 12 cores, future proof.......

Associate
What made you think that?

There seems to be some missguided believe that a 5900x somehow clocks better than 5800x. It made of the same CCD but on a 5900x there are two argueably lower quality ones due to the fact that 2 of the cores on each have been binned.

Just trawl through some of the threads on this forum and you can see the 5800x is getting consistently higher single and all core clock speeds over the 8 cores.

I think people are reading the headline specs but reality is different.

5900x is worse for gaming, all be it very marginally as your results found, but that is typical. Yet people are like, but 12 cores, 12 cores, 4 more cores, future proof, more cores........

Yup more core that for gaming, dont mean jack ****, today, in 5 years time or most likely 10 years time when the CPU will be more obsolete anyway.

Yeah but 12 cores.........

12 cores..........

The only justification anyone can legitimately have for needed a 5900x or a 5800x is they regularly use software that fully makes use of the multi-core threading, in which case fine.

But 12 cores, future proof.......

Well, interestingly the situation changed there a bit. The 5900x overclocks much better than my 5800x.

The 5900x is more stable and allows some big negative numbers in curve optimiser. The end result is about a 3-5% gain in single core performance consistently across all benchmarks.

Soldato
Well, interestingly the situation changed there a bit. The 5900x overclocks much better than my 5800x.

The 5900x is more stable and allows some big negative numbers in curve optimiser. The end result is about a 3-5% gain in single core performance consistently across all benchmarks.

Ok that's good news.

It is against the trend though.

Associate
i am 66 in the queue from the place that is supposedly getting 15 in today just wondering wether to cancel and grab a 5800 as I have had the rest of the parts since November

Back
Top Bottom