• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
wanted to get a 5900x from OCUK but no news about the possibility of putting in an order any time soon and the end of the tax year coming up means i had to offer my scalp to someone else. £750 with a £190 motherboard isn't that bad in the scheme of things (i'm using it for work as much as anything else), but it's still not a nice feeling.

Soldato
I called a competitor yesterday (due some 5950x stock next week), they already have them in, arrived early but not yet on the website or stock status. They shipped me one immediately, arrrives today.

Might be helpful for anyone in the market. Screw you bots.

Just need a 3080ti now... :)

Anyone want to buy a lightly used 5800X? :D

Last edited:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I was 210 in a UK queue elsewhere for a 5900x on 25th Feb. Obviously I will not say where (I ordered on release day in November, order accepted 20 mins after release, £510).

I just got my dispatch note emailed by them. My point is that I expect it's highly likely OCUK are going to get a batch in too any time now!!

I was 241... Now position 18... Still waiting :(

Associate
I was 241... Now position 18... Still waiting :(
Well, i got it. installed it, but am yet to be able to get it to boot . Once i managed to get to bios (yeah!... ermm) but since then, not further than a black screen of deAth. (x570 Tomahawk.)

ah well, now i guess i know how im spending Easter.

Edit: A little patience, a bios reset, and Im back in action with the 5900x running at stock, PBO on etc, ram stock at 3600, all is well again in the world. Happy Easter everyone!

Last edited:
Associate
I called a competitor yesterday (due some 5950x stock next week), they already have them in, arrived early but not yet on the website or stock status. They shipped me one immediately, arrrives today.

Might be helpful for anyone in the market. Screw you bots.

Just need a 3080ti now... :)

Anyone want to buy a lightly used 5800X? :D
Were you already on the pre order list? Because when i spoke to them about the upcoming stock they wouldnt let me have any freestanding stock without going through the website. Im in the market for 5950x but since you cant pre order from anywhere anymore im kind of stuck.

Soldato
Were you already on the pre order list? Because when i spoke to them about the upcoming stock they wouldnt let me have any freestanding stock without going through the website. Im in the market for 5950x but since you cant pre order from anywhere anymore im kind of stuck.

I was not on the list. Fluke timing really as they had just arrived a few hours earlier. Was offered one immediatey, no resistance from them. Ordered over phone, completely avoided website as stock wasn't listed yet.

24hrs after the call, it was installed.

Last edited:
Associate
I was not on the list. Fluke timing really as they had just arrived a few hours earlier. Was offered one immediatey, no resistance from them. Ordered over phone, completely avoided website as stock wasn't listed yet.

24hrs after the call, it was installed.
Huh interesting. I might try again next week and see if I have any luck as they are suppose to get another shipment in.

Associate
Finally finished mine. Started in August. Well not totally finished I still need a GPU WB still that's not important. 5900x arrived yesterday which was the final item. I paid RRP for all of it just had to wait a long arse time.
Just finished building her today. Really pleased I waited.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Yes, I got the order to go through within 15 minutes of the launch and was quite pleased with myself at the time. Little did I know... :)
I share your pain. I think AMD should be prioritising supply to retailers that still need to clear launch day orders, but I know it doesn't work like that (sadly).

Soldato
Shocked and sad to read that people are still waiting for launch day orders to arrive, I ordered my 5900X on launch from here and got it at the begining of November.

Back
Top Bottom