• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 7 2700x OC vs XFR, is OC worth it?

HRL

HRL

Soldato
for normal gaming just leave XFR to do its things, some boards allowed you to increase the limits that hold XFR back like the Performance enhancer settings on Asus boards.

For benchmarking or rendering it would be better to try and get your all core clocks up but not many will do 4.3 all core, mine does at 1.5volts but thats for a quick 3dmark run before i switch it off. Last time i won the silicon lottery was about 2001 :(

Interesting. I’ll give that a go later and see how it effects GPU benching, if at all.

Soldato
Assuming your board runs the same BIOS as mine, there's another box two or three below the DOCP selection to set the speed- you'll need to change this too, if you haven't already... e.g to 3200MHz in my case. Only mentioning because I missed it at first, and wondered why DOCP 3200 was only running at 2133...

EDIT quoted wrong post @String

When I set DOCP it changes that other value automatically.

I have the Asus X470-F and all i did was set my cpu voltage to 1.32 and ram voltage to 1.35, its Team Group 4000 so i just set it at 3400 and 15 timings. Not touched any other settings other than making sure im on balanced power plan in windows(not ryzen balanced)

When benching i usually get 4.2 all core and 4.35(2/4 cores) when gaming.

Back
Top Bottom