Ryzen 7 3700X B450-F 32bg ram problem

Associate
Hi All. Ive just done a big upgrade. I have a Ryzen 7 3700X on a ASUS strix B450-F MB and 32GB 4 sticks of Corsair DDR4 that should run at 3600mhz. I had no idea of the issues with Ram when I bought all the bits am not massively computer literate. However my friend and I put it all together yesterday, and I have been trying to get it running ever since. We went into the BIOs and tried to get the RAM running faster than 2133Mhz. I got it to run at 3200Mhz (by setting the DOCP thing to standard rather than auto) for a bit but it seems anything above 2133Mhz will cause continuous BSOD. I reinstalled windows 10 from scratch thinking that might be the problem and it made no difference. So far this evening it has been stable with 2133 Mhz but after forking out on 32gb of 3600 Ram I am a bit hacked off. I presume I am missing out on quit a bit of potencial power.

Should I send back the 4 sticks of corsair RAM and get 2 sticks of 16gb instead. Should I just keep it running at this low setting. Im so confused about RAM ! I just want it to run correctly and proper speed !!!

I would be so grateful for any help

Soldato
The board isn't great for using with 4 RAM sticks, not to mention you may have a weak IMC on the 3700X, but it will be a board issue. Whack the RAM volts to 1.4, and see what the SoC voltage is.

Soldato
With VRM of that board being total garbage, who knows if its PCB quality is any better.
But anyway 2 DIMMs per channel is harder for signaling than one DIMM in most boards.

Man of Honour
You should be able to run 4 sticks to at least 2666 without BSODs, but above that you'll definitely have to tweak the voltage settings.

The previous generation was able to run 2933 at 1.35v DRAM volts (stock speed was 2933) so I'd be very surprised if you couldn't achieve that.

You'll still have to make sure the voltage is set correctly with 2x16 if you want to run it above 2666.

Were the 4 sticks Corsair LPX?

Back
Top Bottom