Ryzen Build Check - Recommendations.

Associate
Hi, so I've researched and read a ton of forum threads took ideas on what I want to build. Now I just need your help with checking if everything is in place.

My Requirements:
- Gaming build (Fortnite, Destiny 2)
- 1440p Resolution
- Need Case (Sound Dampening, Good Cable Management, Not too flashy)
- Need PSU (650W?)

Other Components to buy Separately:
- GTX 1080/ti (hoping for ~£500). But should I go AMD equivalent with freesync? need opinions.
- 1440p Monitor (~£200).

I already have storage drives and SSD.
The only thing left is a Case and PSU. Maybe extra fan? I do plan on overclocking.

Questions:
- Is my build Okay?
- Will everything fit?
- Can someone suggest a Case with sound dampening and good cable management? not too flashy. was looking at the Fractal Design cases, but there were to many to choose from, not sure which is best. (best valued one would be great)
- Can someone suggest a PSU for me? 650W should be enough right? not sure which is best to go for in terms of price/performance.
- Should I opt for a AIO cooler? Since I will be overclocking. I have a feeling that Heatsink won't surffice.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £408.02 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Total budget: £500-600 (the products above with Case and PSU). Excluding Monitor and GPU.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Soldato
you'll need to get GPU as well as ryzen non G cpus don't have on board graphics - so system cant be used till you put on in .

also, will need a backplate for that cooler, and aftermarket would be needed if you intend to push max all core overclock .

core parts

Total: £502.52 (includes shipping: £11.70)

forgot to add additional fan at the front to supply more air whilst being able to run fans slower for less sound and more positive pressure to avoid dust build up inside of the case

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/fractal-design-dynamic-x2-gp-12-pwm-white-120mm-fg-00j-fd.html

if you'd like to see inside, then glass version which still has sound dampening . Glass insulates better then non dampened metal panels or acrylic window panels :)

Total: £114.04 (includes shipping: £11.10)

if your after 100% silence for a cooler, then one of the cheapest and quietest cooler you can get on the market

Total: £71.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

Vega GPU plus 3 free games and freesync monitor

Total: £610.08 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
you'll need to get GPU as well as ryzen non G cpus don't have on board graphics - so system cant be used till you put on in .
also, will need a backplate for that cooler, and aftermarket would be needed if you intend to push max all core overclock .
core parts...

Thanks orbitalwalsh for the recommendation.

But, any reason why you went Micro-ATX? as well as changing to that specific Motherboard.

I've researched that the MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard is one of the top end B450 motherboards with good VRM to easily help with the overclocking.

Vega GPU plus 3 free games and freesync monitor
Hmm...I will consider those, but maybe I should wait till Black friday hits and decide on the GPU and monitor. the 3 free games although are a bonus, but not necessary for me yet, my steam library is full of unplayed games. Nvidia was first priority. hopefully something pops up on sale.

Also I think a case just went on sale:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/fractal-design-define-s-midi-tower-case-black-window-ca-029-fd.html

Would the case above be better than the one you've linked? (DEFINE C MINI TEMPERED GLASS MICRO-ATX CASE)
Though I assume it was chosen to fit the M-ATX Motherboard.
And yes, a window would actually look nicer. (not that I care about the RGB lights, but atleast know when it needs a cleaning).

New Revised Build:
Total: £551.47 (includes shipping: £14.70)

if your after 100% silence for a cooler, then one of the cheapest and quietest cooler you can get on the market
yeah, I think I'm fine with minimal silence. as long as it doesn't run like a truck (like my current PC).

In regards to the cooler, It seems you've changed it. Happy that its cheaper but is there any difference in performance?
you mentioned it requires a back plate. But the Cryorig H7 says it supports AMD. *AMD Sockets FM1, FM2, FM2+, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, AM4*
Is this backplate supposed to be bought separately or something?
I also see that you recommend others the Hyper 212 Evo cooler (and a lot of other forums do aswell)

Overall which is the better cooler?:
Total: £76.43 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Questions:
- But my question still is that should I go AIO cooler route? would it be more beneficial? willing to squeeze a bit more cash out if it is worth the money.
- Just a hunch but, If 2700/x was to be on sale black friday, would I need to change any parts of the build?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
cheaper - and sound dampening

also remember, acrylic panels do not absorb sound as good as closed panels with sound insulation or glass... plus they scratch really easily !

Back
Top Bottom