Ryzen memory speed matching motherboard question

Associate
this is the board i want it says will take 3200 and 2993 (OC)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ocket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-69v-as.html

does that mean if i buy 3200 ram or 3000 it will work out the box at that speed or does it meran i have to overclock the sysyem? and it will run at a slower speed if not OC ?
sorry never overclocked before lol
it will have a ryzen 1600 fitted seems that to buy 2666 is more cash for 16gb so might as well go higher but im after something that i dont have to mess with

Associate
Go to the motherboard support page and check the memory QVL list. The list should be organized by memory frequency so check which you are interested in and number of sticks (e.g. 2x 8 GB dimms) and the timings. This will tell you which RAM Asus have tested on that motherboard and the speed it achieved.

You may still need to manually set the frequency, timings, DRAM voltage, maybe SOC voltage too; otherwise I have seen the system will just default to the JDEC rated speeds 2133MHz. In some cases you can just select DOCP and the motherboard will automatically set the freq, timings and DRAM voltage.

In terms of what is compatible at high speed Ryzen is picky. The motherboard QVL will list what ASUS have tested and the speeds it achieved. Other RAM you will need to research more if it will work at high speed on that motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom