sabertooth x99 memory compatability

Associate
I bought an asus sabertooth x99 motherboard, with an i7-6850k CPU. from the qualified vendor list, it seems that the board will support up to DDR4-3200. I have checked compatibility, and had confirmation that this is not an issue.

After building, I tried to boot up, and got a long beep, followed by 2 short, which is a "no memory" code. Checked with Tuf Detective on my phone, and it confirmed error 53. I have tried alternative memory which gives the same result.

So far I have tried;
1 stick of mem in each slot.
each mem stick in each slot.
checked CPU and mobo for bent pins and thermal paste.
reset CMOs.
BIOS flash to latest.

Not overclocked, as I have never gotten anything to come up on screen.so cant get into BIOS.

My only thought now is that the board is faulty (possibly CPu, but unlikely). all are new components from here, and after a week of trying solutions, I have run out of ideas. Any helps out there?

mobo; asus sabertoth x99
CPU; i7-6850k
Mem; Vengeance LXP DDR4-3200 ( on QVL list.) 4x4Gb matched set

Soldato
1) Reset the CMOS

2) Test each stick individually in slot D1 to confirm all sticks are operating.

3) Check for over-tightened screws surrounding the CPU socket and memory

4) Remove the CPU whilst inspecting the socket for any bent pins

5) Reattach the CPU with even mounting pressure.

Associate
OP
A quick update.
Spoke to OCs online service, who agreed something was wrong. Authorised an RMA for board and CPU, and I got to a collection station weekend gone.
Got the news today that parcel arrived, goods tested, board has been updated t latest BIOs, tested again and booting fine. seeme that my updating failed at some point, but without the werewithal to get into BIOS in the first place, nothing Ican do about it.
the whole thin is on its way back and should be here tomorrow, so its building time again.

want to say a huge thank you to OC's staff- I misread the message I received, and fired off a somewhat sharp response, thinking that nothing had been done (to be fair, it was a long day today...). I go ta response within a couple hours, explaining the update was done and all was good, in a very nice way. So thanks to all, especially the poor bugger that caught my unwarrented wrath, and as a good an advert as they can ever give that OC is a damn good place to shop!

Back
Top Bottom