Safe to extend windows partition

Soldato
I have a laptop from purple shirt people. It has two partitions on it....one for windows and one which has nothing on it for "data".

Is is safe to delete the data partition and extend the windows partition to fill the drive so there is one partition.

It wouldn't break windows would it?

Would it affect the restore aswell? (i know there is no real way to know this but hoping someone has some experience)

Soldato
OP
I can see that the recovery partition is hidden (I am looking in computer management).....its just that I am altering the other two partitions and I don't want to a) muck up the windows install and b) not be able to recovery because the partition size is different from what its "expecting"

Associate
I have an Acer laptop somewhere that's set up like that. As far as I can tell it shouldn't affect recovery if you modify it as the Recovery Partition should hold the data. Did you get any OS discs with it? might be good to have a disk image handy just in case it does cause problems.

It's why I like Dell, they've given me a Recovery partition AND OS install disks, which makes life easier if the Hard drive dies.

Back
Top Bottom