Sage, Onion and Chorizo Stuffing

Associate
Hi all I watch here but don't post often. But today I'd thought I'd share the stuffing I made for my families lunch today as it was good!

Get some breadcrumbs: we had a few wholemeal roles left over from the week so I dried them out in the oven and put them in a mixer.

Dice a couple of onions; I had a red and white knocking about. Simmer for about 5 minutes then add a healthy portion of sage leaves for the final minute. Add a good portion of chorizo to the mix with some flat leaf parsley and blitz in the mixer.

Bind the breadcrumbs and onions/chorizo in a bowel with an egg yolk and a good knob of butter.

Either stuff the chicken with the mix and roast as you would, or do as I did and bake separately at about 180 for 25 minutes for some lush crispy stuffing to add to a goof chicken roast and enjoy!

Associate
OP
It depends how "sagey" you want it. But i added about ten, the boiling process will take the edge off them too.

You could probably get away with using them raw when mixing if you wanted to save a few leaves.

Back
Top Bottom