Saint's Row Demo coming to Live!

Associate
Really looking forward to SR now, at first i thought that it was just going to be a poor GTA ripoff with better graphics. But from the videos and what i've read it may hold its own, or at least keep us entertained until GTA4.

Roll on Aug 1st. :)

Soldato
Soldato
5bjoshua said:
I posted the train vid earlier :( lol.

Really want this the voice acting seems very good and it has all the things i that GTA needed. Like the music keeps on playing if your outside the car.

oops sorry didnt realise you posted it.

Not looking to good form Americans comments tons of tearing in cut scenes and framerate issues but in game seems ok.

Well going by vids ive seen cant seem to notice really im sure all will be fixed for the proper product.

Soldato
bingham67 said:
oops sorry didnt realise you posted it.

Not looking to good form Americans comments tons of tearing in cut scenes and framerate issues but in game seems ok.

Well going by vids ive seen cant seem to notice really im sure all will be fixed for the proper product.

From some of the vids from Xbox Market place they do seeme to have some slowdown. Just hope they sort it out before its released :(

Soldato
5bjoshua said:
From some of the vids from Xbox Market place they do seeme to have some slowdown. Just hope they sort it out before its released :(

Well, i dont know what comments Bingham has been reading, or what Bingham is saying.. because the ingame part is much more important to me than the cutscenes which is where the Americans say there is tearing and slowdown..

from what i can see they have fixed up the framerate issues and LOD to a decent standard..

Soldato
I got my comments from here i said it cutscenes it nice to have it all running smooth though but if it remains wont be so bad unless game not touched.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3184_12925_2_en.html

I have the Toys R Us demo and I have a few complaints, but it's mostly in the graphics department. IMO this game doesn't scream "Next gen" like GRAW did or some others, but it definitely still looks decent.

1. Mad tearing. I mean the most tearing I've ever seen in a 360 game thus far, and it's pretty much only in the cut scenes. It's so bad it's to the point that I am kind of shocked they even put it on the demo in the shape it is. I didn't see the vide on the site here because I plaeyd the demo and don't need to see it since I know what its like, so I'm not sure how bad the tearing shows in the video. But trust me, it's horrible in the cutscenes.

2. Framerate. The framerate in the cut-scenes, again, is horrible. I would say it's like 15-20fps, and on top of that, the tearing makes it almost comical. The framerate while playing isn't nearly as bad, however it still hopefully has been tweaked. I know the demo is from an older build so I have confidence those issues are being worked on.

The actual gameplay is really fun though. There is a lot of freedom in the game. I really like the way you can hit another car and the people will fly out of the windshield. It's hilarious. I also like how you can have people from the gang roam around with you and fill up the seats of the cars, and help you out in shoot outs. The damage on the cars is also great, as you can shoot very specific parts of the cars and it will do damage accordingly.

This game will definitely be a hot seller, I just hope they can fix the graphical glitches.

Soldato
Aye i thought that was what your saying.. its quite strange though.. because the cutscenes are in-engine arnt they? so why would the stutter and tear and the game generally not...

Soldato
Pretty funky.. and people are saying it doesnt really look next gen.. looks good enough to me.. i think people forget the scale of games like this and you cant expect Fight Night graphics throughout

Back
Top Bottom