Poll: Sakhir Grand Prix 2020, Sakhir - Race 16/17

Rate the 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
skPvWFq.png
Sakhir
When was the track built?
Ground was broken for the Bahrain International Circuit in December 2002. Like the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, the developers had a blank, sandy canvas to work with, and with that fashioned the technical, 5.4km track designed by Hermann Tilke.

When was its first Grand Prix?
It was 2004 when the drivers first lined up under an unusually cloudy sky for the inaugural Bahrain Grand Prix. The race was dominated (like many in 2004) by the two Ferraris, with Michael Schumacher winning out from Rubens Barrichello, while the crowds were also treated to a fantastic dog-fight between the Jaguar of Mark Webber and the Renault of Fernando Alonso.

What’s the circuit like?
Which one – we’ll be using two in 2020. The first, for the Bahrain Grand Prix, is the standard GP circuit that’s been used in every year bar 2010 (when F1 briefly switched to the 6.3km Endurance circuit), a track that usually provides great racing and overtaking, and which is crowned by the tight, downhill, off-camber left at Turn 10 and the fast run through Turn 12. However, excitingly for the 2020 Sakhir GP, drivers will race under the floodlights on the more open Outer circuit, a 3.5km (that’s just 0.2km longer than Monaco, the shortest track on the calendar) blast around the perimeter of the track, the cars arcing left instead of right at the exit of Turn 4 and then negotiating a fast right-handed swoop and a chicane, before re-joining the old track for a flat-out run down to the final corner.

TV Times
Sky:
WrwV40S.png

C4:
Saturday - Quali Highlights - 9.30pm
Sunday - Race Highlights - 10pm

Track Diagram & Information
8UVBxqM.png

Weather Forecast
rtxErWC.png

WDC Standings
KGxx9WP.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
IylcQVf.png

Practice 1
AFmoZ6c.png

Practice 2
RbwVFWn.png

Practice 3
8KfX345.png

Qualifying
B5itsph.png

Race
NRpv5nR.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Who's gonna get the hot seat, GR/SV/NH? Would be nice to see George given a go.

Bit of a novelty layout for F1 this weekend.

Man of Honour
I doubt it's Russell in Hamilton's car this weekend. He may be a Mercedes driver, but he's not one of their reserve drivers. They'd need to pay off Williams and then Williams get a reserve in.

Vandoorne or Gutierrez are the likely candidates, they know the car from the sim. They are the contracted reserve drivers.

Hulkenberg... Could be. Free agent, knows the powertrain, has driven a current car (albeit a Racing Point).

Soldato
Well Lewis is out.

thought this could happen. Whilst no-one wishes him ill its a shame it didn't happen earlier in the season. He'd still win the championship even with 3 races missed, but it would make it more exciting. Plus annoy Bottas more thinking he had a chance.

EDIT: Of course it's only 2 races.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I doubt it's Russell in Hamilton's car this weekend. He may be a Mercedes driver, but he's not one of their reserve drivers. They'd need to pay off Williams and then Williams get a reserve in.

Vandoorne or Gutierrez are the likely candidates, they know the car from the sim. They are the contracted reserve drivers.

Hulkenberg... Could be. Free agent, knows the powertrain, has driven a current car (albeit a Racing Point).

Vandoorne has been told to make his way to Bahrain so it's almost confirmed he'l drive,
Gutierrez doesn't have an active super licence so he can't drive even if they wanted him to

in other news, Fittipaldi has been confirmed to drive Romans car this weekend

Caporegime
Fittipaldi will be a disaster. He hasn’t raced a single seater in years, never mind an F1 car. He’s going to be very, very sore even after Friday.

Soldato
Vandoorne has been told to make his way to Bahrain so it's almost confirmed he'l drive,
Gutierrez doesn't have an active super licence so he can't drive even if they wanted him to

in other news, Fittipaldi has been confirmed to drive Romans car this weekend

Vandoorne was always going to go to Bahrain once he had finished the Formula-E test. Nothing has changed in this respect.

Transmission breaker
Don
Fittipaldi will be a disaster. He hasn’t raced a single seater in years, never mind an F1 car. He’s going to be very, very sore even after Friday.

Please tell, which one did you think it was?
Emerson?
Christian?

Even Pietro hasn’t raced a single seater since 2017.
No, but he has tested in 2019, and I think done Sim work also?

Associate
Could be an interesting race, I expect Renault and Racing Point to be among the podium challengers here as they have shown good low drag pace in previous races

Since most of the grid think any driver can win in a Mercedes it will be interesting to see how true that holds up.

Soldato
Head says it'll be Vandoorne. Heart hopes it'll be Russell or Hulkenberg.
This would be an amazing opportunity to test Russells potential, it would be incredibly exciting to see what he could do in that car, I suspect it'd make or break Bottas future with Merc beyond 21.
However I fully expect Williams to tell Merc to go swivel, they have been quite adamant to follow through with Russells contract to the end, he is by far their best chance of points, I'm almost certain we'll see Vandoorne in the car this weekend.

Caporegime
This would be an amazing opportunity to test Russells potential, it would be incredibly exciting to see what he could do in that car, I suspect it'd make or break Bottas future with Merc beyond 21.
However I fully expect Williams to tell Merc to go swivel, they have been quite adamant to follow through with Russells contract to the end, he is by far their best chance of points, I'm almost certain we'll see Vandoorne in the car this weekend.
I suppose it depends what Mercedes are willing, if anything, to offer Williams.

Soldato
I suppose it depends what Mercedes are willing, if anything, to offer Williams.

It shouldn't be much, after all it's not like Russell has scored any points for Williams. In fact he finished behind Kubica and is now also behind Latifi in the standings despite completely blowing him away. So Williams can't really expect any points in the upcoming races.

Back
Top Bottom