Sales of takeaway alcohol

Caporegime
Not sure if there are any confirmed cases - but in a situation like a barbers a basic mask is entirely inadequate to prevent infection.

It is frustrating we don't have an effort to find ways to make this stuff work though instead of just put a stop to it and that is it.
they could just do haircuts outside where possible though :(
my local barbers has a little garden thing at the back + mask/visor whatever it would be no more risk than standing in a queue, probably less so

as long as it were like "appointments only" + outside the risk must be so tiny, people are still working in places that would be way more risky

It's almost like the government wants everyone to suffer just because a few places wouldn't be able to adapt...

Soldato
OP
Good point about haircuts, blowdry etc. Certainly not essential in my eyes. If not like anyone will die if they dont go for thier monthly haircut

Soldato
A few pubs/ micropuns had lots of people drinking outside them when it was allowed especially around the xmas period when it was freezing.

i took my guitar to a technician today to do a repair and i was surprised he was open but apparently any repair service can be open now.

Soldato
they could just do haircuts outside where possible though :(
my local barbers has a little garden thing at the back + mask/visor whatever it would be no more risk than standing in a queue, probably less so

as long as it were like "appointments only" + outside the risk must be so tiny, people are still working in places that would be way more risky

It's almost like the government wants everyone to suffer just because a few places wouldn't be able to adapt...
Go to a barber in Brixton or Soho Road in Birmingham and you'll see why they got closed. Literal social clubs. You'll get guys going for hair cuts nightly, lol.

Caporegime
Go to a barber in Brixton or Soho Road in Birmingham and you'll see why they got closed. Literal social clubs. You'll get guys going for hair cuts nightly, lol.
1 customer only, appointments only.

it's not hard, the police can go around raiding gyms and peoples speakeasy so they sure got enough free time

Soldato
1 customer only, appointments only.

it's not hard, the police can go around raiding gyms and peoples speakeasy so they sure got enough free time
You'll see from the COVID forum on here though, people struggle with rules that aren't headline and black and white. They just seek to find ways to bend the rules and interpret them in their own way. Then everyone jumps on the government saying they are weak. No bobby wants to spend his time enforcing this nonesense and it isn't like barbers add a significant amount to the economy. I imagine the vast majority are people earning 500 quid a month with dividends to top up and any cash shaved off the top (pun intended).

Edit: and 1 customer appointment only when the typical business model is to rent out seats in a location probably makes it totally untenable anyway.

Caporegime
Edit: and 1 customer appointment only when the typical business model is to rent out seats in a location probably makes it totally untenable anyway.
why you just have 1 person open the shop, fully booked up for that day then they make monies.

seems most are doing it from home anyway and gov gets 0taxs

Associate
What correlation does that have? A well organised risk controlled closed sporting event versus a packed boozer of individuals literally progressively losing more self control and inhibitions by the mouth full?
The problem is that the actual lockdown is more like an attempt to bankrupt small business than anything else.
As a key worker, during first lockdown was something surreal. Pretty much deserted streets in Cambridge, everyone at home.
Now, during my deliveries, I can't pass 10 houses without being "forced" out the path as whole groups/family spend all day walking as if they were on holidays somewhere else.
I understand the need of exercise, but people clogging the paths, chit-chatting isn't essential, isn't exercise.
I need to walk around, looking like a bum, but I can see mobile dog groomers working. Hey, the dog needs to look good. We can go without.
About football, here is more organized, true, but seems odd so much money and effort spent just to "keep football going on". I don't think it's essential, sorry.
At the moment we can't go out shopping for clothing, as the shops are closed, but supermarkets still able to sell clothing, while exclusively clothing shops are shut.
And the pub shut isn't helping anyway.
The people who used to spend all day inside one are, likely, at some friend's place drinking the extra 20 quid the government is giving them every week.
Then someone explain why someone who pays taxes has to make do with reduced wages, or even the extinction of their job, while freeloaders who didn't suffer any income reduction, or any extra expense, gets a "pay rise"?
And sincerely I don't see how much riskier is to get a haircut while wearing a facemask can be than collecting a Covid Test from someone's house (which has symptoms and possibly is infected) and placing the test kit next to the pouchs with mail for 500 households to be delivered, or driving a van which someone tested positive hours before and hasn't been disinfected because the company can't bother.
So the inoffensive looking key worker may be carrying Covid more efficiently than rats during the Black Death.
My point is, only the essential should be allowed. It's either none or all. Can't be selective. And if we were to be, those Football clubs got much fat to burn than the regular Joes.
How many people does Man United employs? What about Primark or Debenhams?

Associate
A few pubs/ micropuns had lots of people drinking outside them when it was allowed especially around the xmas period when it was freezing.

i took my guitar to a technician today to do a repair and i was surprised he was open but apparently any repair service can be open now.
So pubs may be open soon. They fix some people's need for a pint.:D:D

To be fair, it's all confused, business you don't expect to open are and some aren't allowed.
Most supermarkets don't impose/restrict the number of customers in at one time, like they done before. They don't use one-way system anymore.
Also my dentist can book an appointment if required, but my GP won't see me even behind 10 inches of bulletproof glass.

Soldato
Aren't there by-laws in a lot of places which prohibit drinking in public places (e.g. outside of a designated pub/restaurant) and I'd expect most alcohol licences specifically prohibit it too, I thought a few got into trouble in the first lockdown for that.

I think most would also agree that it isn't it was considered socially acceptable these days either.

Associate
We went into North brewing co as it was open and asked about alcohol takeaway. Apparently alcohol to buy and takeaway is not allowed, but I can order alcohol for delivery via Deliveroo or Uber. He said this was killing the pub / bar business as the delivery company take a huge cut.

Depending on exactly where you live, and how quickly you need it, North Brewing do free delivery over £20 within 6 miles of the brewery. Bit weird he didn't mention that.

Caporegime
I think most would also agree that it isn't it was considered socially acceptable these days either.
unless your a student then you can get rat bummed and look a prat in public any time you want

it's been a long time since I saw anyone with a can of lager walking down the street though

I had started to assume it was just illegal everywhere but apparently it's not according to google, I guess it's looked down upon as much as smoking these days though

Soldato
OP
Depending on exactly where you live, and how quickly you need it, North Brewing do free delivery over £20 within 6 miles of the brewery. Bit weird he didn't mention that.
He didnt mention the free delivery over £20 but we were talking in general about alcohol takeaway and how uber / deliveroo can pick it up but I could not (but could be handed it by a deliveroo / uber person) possibly whilst inside the north brewery shop

Back
Top Bottom