Same sex Christmas cards?

Caporegime
rLAzZAq.jpg

My Fiancée and I are convinced we have a little confusion going on with our Christmas cards this year, we both think the cards on the far left & far right are for same sex couples, the ones in the middle not.
I’d say certainly the one on the left is, that’s definitely two women to my eyes….

Are we right? :D

Caporegime
why do people buy cards with son etc on them?
just buy a bloody card that says "happy birthday" or "merry Christmas" and write the persons name inside.

I doubt they are going to forget they are your son, daughter, husband, wife or whatever else..

it's just pointless crap to get people to buy more cards and spend more money instead of buying a box of normal cards.

Permabanned
My Fiancée and I are convinced we have a little confusion going on with our Christmas cards this year, we both think the cards on the far left & far right are for same sex couples, the ones in the middle not.
I’d say certainly the one on the left is, that’s definitely two women to my eyes….

Are we right? :D

Yes and there's every reason for a ruckus about it, even in the season of goodwill. Talk about insulting! I fully expect Jean-F and Hurfdurf to put their two pennorth in the thread, too. One linguistically, one in a whirl of politically correct indignation. Happy days..... ;)

Caporegime
OP
Yes and there's every reason for a ruckus about it, even in the season of goodwill. Talk about insulting! I fully expect Jean-F and Hurfdurf to put their two pennorth in the thread, too. One linguistically, one in a whirl of politically correct indignation. Happy days..... ;)
We found it hilarious, and noticed it because initially I made the same mistake with my fiancée’s card :o :D

it up on my Facebook feed so the appropriate family members will see it, it end in a laugh or a riot…. :p

Soldato
Fiancé is male, so the right card would be for two males, brother and fiancé.

If these are from your family I'm thinking they are abit confused with the last word. Though it is french.

Man of Honour

Thanks for rightly presuming that I might chip my 2 cents in Chris, imbéciles précipitent, or fools rush in if you prefer.
I think that the problem stems from the fact that the vast majority of English people are familiar with the word fiance as in the person to whom one is engaged.
Where it possibly falls down is that they’re unaware of the subtle difference between fiancé (masculine), and fiancée, (feminine), perhaps it would be better if in U.K. we all stuck with fiance, no accents, one size fits all.

Soldato
why do people buy cards with son etc on them?
just buy a bloody card that says "happy birthday" or "merry Christmas" and write the persons name inside.

I doubt they are going to forget they are your son, daughter, husband, wife or whatever else..

it's just pointless crap to get people to buy more cards and spend more money instead of buying a box of normal cards.

Wow

Back
Top Bottom