Samsung 1.5TB Model HD154UI HD154UI/JP1 and HD154UI/Y?

Associate
Hi all,

I just bought a Samsung 1.5 TB HD154UI, well I thought that was what I installed but it turns out it's a HD154UI/Y?

Now I have read this on another site,
Quote,
Models HD154UI/JP1 and HD154UI/Y are NOT designed to be used in Desktop but specifically made for use with Docking/Rack/Caddy Use Only, these are being sold cheap!

Now I am a little dismayed at ordering one drive and getting a slightly different model, due to the above quote. But does anyone know in what way teh performance differs?

I am currently finding my WMP keeps wanting to update teh Media Library from drive E every time I switch WMP on, this is not a problem I have had before with multiple drives? Could this be due to the drive not being desktop specific?

Cheers,
Steve

Associate
Last week I bought two of these, without really reading up on them (UI/Y)

tbh, I justed wanted them for cheap storage as I wouldn't use these as my main drives anyway. Put one in my PC and the other I'm using in a dock for occsasional backups.

Not sure it really affects me what type of drives they are...but I'm interested to know :)

Associate
OP
It does not really explain why the model I recieved (HD154UI/Y) is stated by another retailer as NOT suitable for desktop use.

I guess I may have to RMA it? after all I bought it as and expected an HD154UI for a specific purpose, and I cannot seem to get it to work in the manner I expected.

Associate
OP
This has caused me nothing but bother, my music files are now messed up and I cannot seem to edit the files that W7 has messed up as I don't have permision from myself to edit my music.

Associate
OP
The files were within my current machine, hard drive added was new, what do you mean by disc ownership?

If you mean the music I put in do I have to access each album and give it to my admin account when I own it? It was transfered over some time ago from my XP machine, and I have only recently had this problem since moving it to and back from my new drive?

It only goes to show how W7 sucks if I have to go into my own files and change my own ownership from me to me with admin rights for music which was fine until W7 messed it up!

Why did I not have media player constantly updating until I added a new drive and copied my albums over, what happened to teh albums that went missing, why did a lot of my music end up losing teh track information of single tracks within albums.

Soldato
Calm down mate, I was only trying to help. When you move a hard from 1 system to another you generally have to take ownership of the files as permissions on the disk may relate to users not known on the new system.

As to why you're having these problem, no idea, I've got W7 installed in 3 or 4 machines and have no such problems.

Back
Top Bottom