Samsung 2233RZ 120Hz Gaming / 3D Monitor

Sem

Sem

Soldato
Nvidia & Samsung have requested that the monitor is not sold separately at this time. I know there were others who were selling previously but having had a look at these particular people just now this doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Even if we were selling the panel separately, there is no way it would cost anywhere near £200. Add another £70-90 and you might be about right.

any idea when you will be allowed to sell them separately :(

Man of Honour
Bit annoying really as I definitely want a 120hz panel, but can do without the 3D glasses (I don't have proper binocular vision so won't really be able to use them properly).

Then again I'd probably want something larger than 22" to make it a worthwhile upgrade anyway. Somewhat surprising that manufacturers aren't churning out more 120hz screens, there must be a demand for them in the gaming community.

Associate
I can say that this monitor is officially SICK, anyone that plays FPS games at a high level and is playing on any TFT that isn't this you need to get one :p

Soldato
I can say that this monitor is officially SICK, anyone that plays FPS games at a high level and is playing on any TFT that isn't this you need to get one :p

Haha, mine came this morning, 120hz is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better/smoother

If anyone is thinking about getting one, just get one

Associate
i'm also waiting for 24" 120HZ IPS style panels to come, but it would require something better than dual DVI for the bandwidth, and i think it will be difficult for any manufacturer to justify a release like this until display port comes standard on regular video cards.

Last edited:

Sem

Sem

Soldato
got my monitor today and while for games its brilliant in windows its terrible

the colours are all off and mine has a lot of backlight bleed at the top of the screen

and i cant seem to find calibration software that works with this monitor so i need to do it all via the OSD which is annoying

:mad::(

Soldato
got my monitor today and while for games its brilliant in windows its terrible

the colours are all off and mine has a lot of backlight bleed at the top of the screen

and i cant seem to find calibration software that works with this monitor so i need to do it all via the OSD which is annoying

:mad::(

Weird, mine is fine

Man of Honour
way too expensive, if these was half the price they would sell like crazy....

Not quite as overpriced as I feared though, I mean you're getting the 3d glasses so hopefully if it becomes available seperately you might be talking around the £300 mark. Sure that's more expensive than existing 22" screens, but you're also not capped at a paltry 75hz which is suboptimal for serious competitive gameplay. Its not just a marginal improvement over existing monitors, it's a big jump in technology and as such carries a premium.

People will pay an extra ton for an i7 over a C2Q, so why not for a monitor that would arguably make a bigger difference when it comes to gaming?

Only downside really aside from the inevitable teething problems (limited stock, only one brand, bundled with glasses etc) is the small size, if I was buying a new screen today I'd probably be looking at 24-28" range

Associate
I don't think people realise how much difference 120hz makes to gaming :p

I love it, I got mine without the glasses :)

Associate
just got mine, played some ut1 + ut3 and gotta say im well impressed. Its closest ive come to being back on a crt and ive had samsung 226BW, 226CW and currently on 2x 2693HMs. Really glad i got it, just gutted the glasses didnt arrive with the monitor so gotta wait prob till monday to test em out now :(

Associate
OP
New 1.08 v185.85 WHQL Drivers

Vista

Windows 7 - Beta

Various fix's & Added/fixed support for

* AC-130: Operation Devastation
* Battlestations: Pacific
* Battlestations: Midway
* Dark Horizon
* Dark Sector
* DCS: Black Shark