Samsung 226BW grows to 24" model - The Samsung 245B Widescreen!!

Associate
This is weird. I contacted Dell last week about 2 single dead pixels on the outside of the screen on one of my new 24" widescreens, one at the top middle and one on the bottom left (hardly noticable) but told them it was 2 clusters and that i couldn't make out how many were actually dead (again me blaggin bad eye sight as they have a min 5 pixel thingy) They said they would send out a new one and explained it would be a reconditioned A04 version and i agreed. So, this morning the delivery guy turned up, asked for my signature, went to his van, brought me a box & off he went. I've just had a phone call off Dell asking if everything was ok and i said yes, no dead pixels so i'm over the moon. they said great, glad we could get your problem resolved...

Now then, i've still got the monitor with the 2 dead pixels? Nobodies said anything about it. My morals are saying 'ring them and tell em' but the devilish side of me is saying. Bigger desk, another 8800 GTX and a 3X24" setup. :p

I may wait and plead ignorance.

Last edited:
Associate
It would be good to hear of people's experiences once they get them, I'm still waiting for some decent reviews. behardware had an article but it didn't seem very conclusive, I'm not sure whether something got lost in the translation.

Bry

Bry

Associate
yes i think as always we need some firsthand reviews but on the face of it i would say ane tra "23 on the benq would be worth it for the better panel

Associate
The Samsung: Viewing angles bloody aweful, oversaturated colours, weird effect when playing fast FPS games and forget any kind of image editing. Thats what a m8 of mine said. I think i made the right choice with the Dell 24" as it has none of these issues, its been spot on.

Back
Top Bottom