Samsung 245T available from OcUK at great price!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Now I know a lot of people here have being waiting for the new Samsung 245T and the good news is that Samsung have just informed me that we shall have stock in our warehouse in the next 3-5 weeks. The pricing of the panel is also a lot better than many people were expecting too. :)

Samsung SM-245T 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black
MO-061-SA_400.jpg

Good weather or no, many gamers will prefer to spend this summer in front of a screen with a standalone fan and an ice-cold beer – at least those who have the new 24-inch Samsung 245T on their desks. Whilst Philips has developed the Scanning Backlight for LCD TVs and Sharp is concentrating solely on 100 Hz technology, Samsung had an LCD standing inconspicuously on the shelf that gamers in particular have been dreaming of for years. Streaking has long been a thing of the past in current gaming monitors. However, motion blur in LCDs is still the cause of much annoyance – or rather, that was the case, to put it more correctly – for the MPA technology used in the SyncMaster 245T is nothing other than the Scanning Backlight for desktop LCDs or to put it briefly, the ultimate solution for an absolutely sharp playback quality for moving pictures. In demo mode, the model on display showed a moving image with and without active MPA technology alternately. The difference when both were compared was clearly visible – the picture is razor sharp and we could make out no flickering effect from the pulsing backlight – at least, not in the lighting setup at the Samsung stand.

- Viewable Area: 24” Widescreen (1920x1200 Resolution)
- Interface: Analog / Digital / HDMI / S-Video / Component
- First LCD monitor that supports MPA (Motion Picture Acceleration) technology
- Supports Full-HD (1080p)
- CCFL technology improved color gamut of 97 percent NTSC
- Response Time: 6ms
- 16.7M Colours
- Contrast Ratio: 1500:1
- Viewing Angle (H/V): 178°/ 178°
- Brightness: 300cd/m2
- Height Adjustable stand with tilt & swivel
- 4 Port USB Hub
- Mac Compatible
- VESA (200 x 100mm)
- Tilt, Swivel and Pivot funtion
- 3 Years On-Site Warranty with Samsung

Price: £399.99+VAT (£469.99 inc VAT)

BUY NOW!!

OcUK Staff
OP
johnnyfive said:
Whats the difference between this and the 245B??

Just the inputs HDMI, Component im guessing?

Hi there

Its not a TN panel either, its a much superior panel, I am sure someone will tell us the exact type. Plus it has the better colours as well. :)

Associate
Wow, this is the screen that i've been waiting ages for and is supposed to be the ideal & best (hopefully :) ) 24" screen.

With the MPA technology, HC & HD I thought it would be much more expensive than this, so if initial reviews are positive then it'll be a huge hit as in my opinion it'll be better than the Dell & BenQ.

Permabanned
The monitor looks nice, and I'm looking for a Widescreen monitor for my Gaming PC. I'm looking at the spec and see the 6ms responce time, the monitor I have at the moment is a 19" Viewsonic (922 I think) with a 2ms responce time and works very well.

How will this compare to that monitor in terms of gaming performance and picture quality etc ? I'm a little confused by the stats...

Thanks

Last edited:
Man of Honour
some more info on the 245T release here too :)

part from the MPA technology, the screen offers a 1920 x 1200 resolution, 6ms G2G response time, 1500:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 300 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles and 16.7 million colour depth. The screen also features W-CCFL backlighting offering 97% coverage of the NTSC colour space. The SM245T also offers CVBS, S-video, Component, DVI (HDCP supported), VGA and HDMI interfaces and offers full 1080p HD content support. Ergonomically the screen offers height, pivot, swivel and tilt adjustments.

I'm trying to confirm which panel is used in this model, but it certainly isn';t TN Film as used in the 245B. Logic would suggest it is a Samsung S-PVA panel, but must be a new one as they don't offer any in their range with 97% colour gamut and the above specs...

Gibbo - where did that blurb come from in the product description can i ask?

Man of Honour
stickroad said:
Looks like a very nice screen. :)

Oh and Baddass why arent you a DON anymore? ;)

mate, you're the first person who's noticed / asked that :) I'm taking a step back from my moderating duties since work commitments have become a bit too manic and I need to concentrate on other things for a while. I'll still be around in here though I'm sure :p

Associate
Baddass said:
some more info on the 245T release here too :)

I'm trying to confirm which panel is used in this model, but it certainly isn';t TN Film as used in the 245B. Logic would suggest it is a Samsung S-PVA panel, but must be a new one as they don't offer any in their range with 97% colour gamut and the above specs...

Gibbo - where did that blurb come from in the product description can i ask?

It's S-PVA, its very similar to the Dell 2407-HC however the backlight and electronics are completly different in order to add MPA and 97% gamut vs 92% of the Dell

Associate
How does this TFT compare to the BenQ FP241WZ and Dell 2407 when using external HD equipment like HD/Blu-Ray DVD Players/PS3/Xbox360, etc at full 1080p? and is the colour black really black on this new TFT? and how about the other problems that the past TFTs put most people off from buying them like 1:1 pixel mapping/ghosting/motion blur/response time, etc?

Anyone have an review comparing this TFT to BenQ and Dells 24?

Associate
Anyone have an review comparing this TFT to BenQ and Dells 24?

after seeing this today...I searched the web for some more info...but gard to find any actual reviews. I think were all hoping its an answr to a good 24" gaming panel....I think when I see a decnt review..Ill be ordering one.

Associate
All i want out of this TFT, is it to be as good as the BenQ 24 at using external HD equipment like HD/Blu-Ray DVD Players/PS3/Xbox360, etc at full 1080p, and as good or better quality than the Dell 2407 for games use.

Also not forgetting, the colour black is black on this TFT, expeshally for films that are set in the dark.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
i'm afraid no one knows much about it yet as nowhere as reviewed it and it's not been available to buy anywhere yet....i'll try and get hold of one from Samsung when it's available though for some thorough testing :)

Back
Top Bottom