Samsung 245T available from OcUK at great price!!

Man of Honour
guys, those input lag tests from lesnumeriques are from an old 245T advanced preview model iirc, i'd wait for more thorough and recent reviews before deciding whether to trust these figures :)

Associate
I'm going to be holding out on buying my entire PC till this baby comes out!

I just hope that is it the God of all monitors. The one piece that will complete my ultimate gaming machine!

I am a bit worried, however, about the input lag. Can anyone translate what this means in real terms? How will this affect an uber gaming experience?

Associate
Baddass said:
guys, those input lag tests from lesnumeriques are from an old 245T advanced preview model iirc, i'd wait for more thorough and recent reviews before deciding whether to trust these figures :)

and how may I ask do you know this?
Preview model or not I dont see how the issue can be fixed without a completly redesigned image/logic system. Why the hell samsung doesnt use very fast electronics to eliminate the issue is beyond me.

Man of Honour
because the SM245T hasn't been released yet, and those results were from an early press sample. If you want to, put some faith into it, but personally I'd hold off until more thorough testing is done. Hardware.fr / Behardware are likely to have full review once it's properly released and finalised (they are both linked to lesnumeriques / digitalversus btw

Man of Honour
norulzs said:
There is a review of it on a French website:

http://www.hardware.fr/articles/680-1/lcd-24-iiyama-b2403ws-samsung-245t.html

and also a video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevanc...qn0_samsung-syncmaster-226cw-et-245t_business

From the translation it seems the 245t needs a lot of calibration out of the box!

an interesting read. It suggests the MPA technology is basically a backlight scanning method, but with little real improvement. Colour accuracy is poor out of the box, but that's common on many screens really.

Last edited:
Associate
Farore said:
I'm going to be holding out on buying my entire PC till this baby comes out!

I just hope that is it the God of all monitors. The one piece that will complete my ultimate gaming machine!

I am a bit worried, however, about the input lag. Can anyone translate what this means in real terms? How will this affect an uber gaming experience?

its when say you move your mouse and it takes a while for the screen to update to your action, noticable when playing fps online spin around fast and the screen takes longer to draw can become a real pain, especially if you get killed because of it most of the time

Associate
fonzio said:
its when say you move your mouse and it takes a while for the screen to update to your action, noticable when playing fps online spin around fast and the screen takes longer to draw can become a real pain, especially if you get killed because of it most of the time
Placebo? Can people really tell a 2ms or less lag when your brain's average response time is much higher than that?

Caporegime
iamwhoiam said:
Placebo? Can people really tell a 2ms or less lag when your brain's average response time is much higher than that?

Yes correct if the lag was 2ms but your getting confused. The speed of the monitor and the lag a monitor has, although related, are two different things.

In the only review/comparison of this monitor with a CRT there is 50 - 70 ms of lag which equates to 3 - 4 frames behind. Therefore when you move your mouse or say fire your gun, your screen will be 3 -4 frames behind. At 60 fps you will be approx 0.05 seconds behind what's really going on in the scene.

Enough for you to miss with your shot or to miss dodging somebody shooting you???

There are monitors out there which you can buy with only 10ms of lag which equates to less than 1 frame behind - fast enough not to make a difference.

Therefore, if these results turn out to be true (the monitor was an early review sample) then there are much better monitors if you are a first person shooter player IMO.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Man of Honour
Greebo said:
Good article that. That is why this monitor is worrying if it does turn out with lag greater than 60ms (4 frames). That is twice as slow as the dell and that isn't the best.

As with all things, it goes to show that you need the rest of your system to match up if your a "professional" fps player.

thats it. most people wont notice it, but if you're a pro gamer, you probably still want to be careful about migrating to TFT

OcUK Staff
OP
HI there

Should known it was too good to be true. Samsung have made a big balls up with the pricing on this panel. :(

Our buy price is actually over £100 higher than originally informed and as such the new price on this panel is £529.99+VAT.

Samsung/OcUK are will to honor the original price we advertised for those few who have placed backorders with us, so those in question are getting a real bargain.

OcUK has informed Samsung of the effect this new price will have on sales due to the new DELL HC panel, but they say this is the best price they can offer. I say give it a few months and when Samsung see very poor sales they will re-consider their price point on this monitor.

Bry

Bry

Associate
well for those who had preordered :)

But, im certain Gibbo is right no-one is going to buy the samsung over the Dell/BenQ which they can get for £100

I went with the Dell personally, i was tempted by the samsung but, after the horrible 226BW I won't be buying from them anymore

Soldato
Decent enough of them to honour the original price for those who have pre-ordered, although that's probably the only cash they'll see. :D

Back
Top Bottom