1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung 49'' inch monitor (CRG9) release date 22 April and cost about 1.400£

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by BlackDragon888, 27 Jan 2019.

1. Azrael1

Wise Guy

Thats a really hard question to answer as your sensitivity to VA smearing is different to other people. My main rig is the Alienware IPS and I use other VA monitors as my main. I don't notice any major difference in that regard and also the longer you use the Va the more use to it you become.

This monitor is built for FPS / Racing / MMOs in my opinion though. If you play console gaming I would recommend a 4K 43 monitors one of which is out at the end of this month . They also have their own issues..

2. aoaaron

Mobster

I have an alienware IPS but fitting this on a desk with speakers is just too difficult. Otherwise I would have been tempted to get it.

3. JediFragger

Caporegime

Logitech G560's are on offer atm and *should* just fit underneath it but tbh for the very little I use my speakers it's probably not worth me getting them.

4. Raptorpg

Gangster

I cant compare with the Asus but I use to own a 32hg70 (that I send back because of the transition issues) and the transition times on the crg9 are way better and this at most refresh rate for the freesync range.
    But its still not as good as a TN or the best ips panel.

Sorry my amswer is not more complete but that is something you need to try for yourself to check if its acceptable :(.

5. Azrael1

Wise Guy

I use a creative Katana. If you look on my screenshots i put up earlier - it fits perfectly. I don't really watch movies any more on the monitor as prefer the TV OLED and surround sound with a comfortable sofa experience.

6. JediFragger

Caporegime

Thanks, looks like a good option.

7. jim-mcintosh

Associate

Thanks for the info, sounds encouraging. I'd love to see it in person but don't know of any shops up here in Scotland that stock it. I really need a kind OCUKer in Scotland to let me come round their house and watch them playing games on it. :)

8. JediFragger

Caporegime

:eek:

9. JediFragger

Caporegime

On a more serious note, is anyone having problems with this monitor and waking it from sleep? It's waking initially but then black screens. Bit of a pain turning it off before putting the computer to sleep but at least it's a solution (for now). Using the official cable and tried both DP ports.

10. Azrael1

Wise Guy

You also have to go into the monitor settings and make it's not set to turn off after a fixed number of hours. As that would ofc require you to switch it on again. Mines been fine now

11. aoaaron

Mobster

I have some Edifier speakers. Do you think they will be alright just on the sides of the monitor. I don't really want to sacrifice sound by putting them behind it nor downgrade my sound setup to accomdate the larger FOV screen.

12. Azrael1

Wise Guy

My desk easily supports large speakers either side. How big is your desk?

13. aoaaron

Mobster

haha maybe not as big as yours. I'll attach a few photos. I'm so tempted to get this at present. I get the sense of falling when I fall in 21:9 so I can only imagine it in 32:9. I love that feeling of motion.

14. Azrael1

Wise Guy

I'm not a racing games kinda guy but since having this monitor been addicted to Forza horizon 4.

Native 32 9 support is just breathtaking. The new mortal Kombat this Res also just stunning.its like a mini arcade center at home

15. aoaaron

Mobster

I can really imagine. Have you been tempted to ditch the AW3418DW?

16. Azrael1

Wise Guy

The problem is not all games support 32 9 so it's nice having the Alienware 34. It does take some getting use to though back to 34. MMOs at 32 9 sublime

17. aoaaron

Mobster

I keep hearing this, re:support.

Does a 21:9 resolution on 32:9 look that bad? Support is one of the thingks I'm slightly worried about, as most games I've googled have little evidence of 32:9.

18. JediFragger

Caporegime

/shouts

MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. [ui]ICEMAN

Mobster

If a game doesn't support 32:9, you can just use it as a 21:9 34". The physical dimensions when displaying 21:9 are identical to that of a 34" ultrawide.

20. aoaaron

Mobster

Yup. I'm trying to decide if it'd be jarring having the edges unavailable though.

Btw, on the CRG9, if you downscale the resolution to the CHG's resolution, how does it look? Still playable? I'm just thinking in regard to GPU constraints as sadly I have a measly 2080 and I'm sure this screen deserves a 2080ti.