Samsung CLP325 owner, Please Help

Associate
HI,
just bought myself a used Samsung CLP-325 Laser printer. the printer didnt work as there are notification at the bottom saying replace and install the toner waste tank. So, i follow the troubleshooting by remove it and clear the tank and placed it firmly back and try to print again. Same notification come out again. didnt work. anyone using the same model? either 320N, 325W or 320 model, please advice me. it urgent. need it work to print my dessertation which due on next Monday.

thanks in advance.

Caporegime
When you say you cleared the tank I assume you mean you emptied it.

Found this for the CLP-315. I think it uses the same toner waste tank.

"Just emptying the waste toner on this model is not enough. You must make sure to thoroughly clean the bin, as there is a sensor in the machine that detects when it is full. By making sure that there is no more toner residue in the bin to block the laser sensor, you should be able to print without replacing it."

Maybe this applies to yours as well.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
yeah..i see the logically of what you are telling me. i can see my toner waster waste tank are dirty inside and this probably the previous user not thoroughly empty and clean it.

to cut cost, do you think that cleaning the waste tank with water and dry it up before put back in place will makes it working as the sensor didnt recognise any residue as it is cleaned??

Caporegime
Has the printer ever worked or was it sold to you in this condition?

Maybe this problem is why it was sold.

You can only try and clean it out thoroughly and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't work have a look on Samsung's website for the part number for a replacement waste tank.

Google the result and they seem to be available for not too many £'s.

Associate
OP
yeay! its working now! i vacuum and knocked the tank on the floor and keep vacuum it. i kinda knocked it very hard as it is made by hard plastic, no sign of breaking. i just dont have the confident to wash it with water. there are still some residue with are very hard to go, but then i think the laser sensed as the plastic are see through and clear.

i test print 1 full page of HD photo, god! the image are superb!!

Thanks anyway. works like charm.

Back
Top Bottom