1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung eco bubble 9kg wont turn on

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by NoobCannon, 19 Jun 2021.

1. NoobCannon

Soldato

As above really.

mrs called me and the washing machine gave up today its only 2.5 years old, she said it gave an error message so turned it off she was unable to tell me the code. I checked manual and unplugged it and left for 2 hours to discharge and reset but had made no difference.

when i press the power button the machine clicks 3 times (a sort of soft relay click from the display area) and then the child lock symbol comes up for a couple secs and then it turns back off again, rinse and repeat nothing else happens.

anyone have any experience with Samsung washing machines?

2. radderfire

Mobster

3. NoobCannon

Soldato

Thanks. Have copied this post there. See if they have an idea!

4. arknor

Caporegime

probably a faulty PCB

but did you at-least check the filters aren't blocked? with the machine off stick your hand in the hole where the pump is and turn it with your fingers see if it moves freely.
    obviously if there's water in the machine it's going to flood out though.

check theres no kink or whatever in the water inlet/outlet pipe, probably not but you might as well check

also give it a hard slap high up near where the pcb will be sitting, maybe it's a loose connection or wire

Could be the release mechanism is stuck also assuming by logic why the child lock symbol flashes.

although googling finds
    did someone turn it on by mistake?.... @NoobCannon
    might wanna google for your exact model or check the manual though

Last edited: 19 Jun 2021
  5. NoobCannon

Soldato

We use the child lock every day as my little boy presses the buttons Sometimes. It doesn't even get as far as giving me the option to remove the child lock it clicks 3 times the lock icon flashes and it turns off again.

ive already emptied out the water, checked the filter and i pulled the machine right out and it still wont turn on. Will try giving it a good old whack tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.

will start getting onto Samsung monday and see if they will send someone to look at it

6. Mr.Cookie

Wise Guy

If it was one of ours I would say door lock, pcb or wash heater. If it's not under warranty I'd try doing an insulation test at the plug if it's down to earth try disconnecting heater, motor and seeing if it passes insulation test.
    Also think @oldcoals does Samsung although name doesn't work :(

7. NoobCannon

Soldato

Hi @Mr.Cookie Was hoping someone like you would reply.

have been onto Samsung and typically the warranty ran out 1/1/21. However they are gonna send someone to look at it gratis as the motor has a 10 year warranty, will cross my fingers and hope it doesn't end up costing me anything

edit :- out of pure interest i got my insulation tester out and got open circuit to earth on both live and neutral. (Ignore clip colour couldn't find my brown clip in the van)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Jun 2021
  8. Mr.Cookie

Wise Guy

@NoobCannon yeah looks fine, I knew you'd be able to test hence saying :)

Ps I rarely colour match ;)

9. radderfire

Mobster

What did the manual say the error code was?

10. Mr.Cookie

Wise Guy

@NoobCannon not teaching you to suck eggs but you have checked supply?

@radderfire alot of manufacturers don't allow users access to errors, except the ones they can deal with. Hopefully this changes with new laws for ability to repair or whatever its called.

11. NoobCannon

Soldato

Yes mate also I tried 3 different sockets (using an extension lead) when the kids go bed i will try to take a quick video of what it does.

Last edited: 20 Jun 2021
  12. NoobCannon

Soldato

@Mr.Cookie

Video doesn't embed for some reason

Last edited by a moderator: 21 Jun 2021
  13. Mr.Cookie

Wise Guy

@NoobCannon I'll see if we've got any ex Samsung brand guys in our lot and have a word :)

14. Mr.Cookie

Wise Guy

@NoobCannon sorry not got any ex Samsung guys, showed a couple of peeps the vids and we're edging our bets to pcb, hope samsung sort you.

15. NoobCannon

Soldato

thanks for trying mate. Will update thread when they have been out.

16. NoobCannon

Soldato

@Mr.Cookie The guys been out today and told the missus it needs a new display. She said he plugged his laptop into it and then left saying he needs to order parts.

who knows! Wish i could have been here to ask!

17. Danthus

Capodecina

PCB's failed on these, I have swapped out a few. :)

18. Pentland

Gangster

aren’t the pubs on these encapsulated so you have switch the whole thing? I bet they are not cheap.

19. Mr.Cookie

Wise Guy

@Pentland it varies from model to model, we have some with a user interface, main board (used for switching the heavy loads), motor control and a drier board. Then others with a single board.

@NoobCannon Are they doing it as a goodwill?

@Danthus Are you multi brand or just samsung?

20. NoobCannon

Soldato

they are gonna call me Monday so I guess I will find out then, am def hoping so!